Website directory on or off site

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by karoshio, Jul 9, 2011.

1. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Title isn't the best but I will explain.

On AdminCentral I have a website directory that I'm in the process of editing.

Anyway I want BAF members opinions on if I should keep it on that site or make a new website dedicated to being a website directory. I know there are a lot around but I would like one nonetheless. If it moved off site onto another domain I would still keep the link to it within the forums.

Thanks for any ideas/opinions you give,

Karoshio

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

personally i will suggest to use another domain name while you can have link to each other.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What's your main objective for the directory? E.g. do you want to provide a good service for members of your forum or are you planning on generating some revenue from it? Do you have a good domain name for the directory?

4. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main objective is too just have a successful directory honestly. It's something I am fine with it taking a long time with. I'm very patient in this sense. But either way I would want it to be a service that I would for my members. On the revenue side of things I'm really not too bothered about I mean if I could generate some small revenue from it then hey that would be great but if not I wouldn't mind at all. I have a few domains in mind that are available but I'm unsure if I would want to direct it towards all websites in general of just forums. Something I would need to think on further.