Website Designers review

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by barry100, Oct 28, 2012.

1. barry100

barry100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all. I am a website designer for small to medium sized businesses and I also design Websites for Startup Businesses. I have been trading for around 10 years and have designed over 250 websites with over 150 clients current on my books. I have recently completed the design of my new site which I would appreciate some feedback on so please let me know what you think.Have a look at this link Website Designer

2. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi barry! Your site is designed very well. I like the look and feel, the color scheme, and the consistent use of font. The information is easy to find and understandable. I just have a few suggestions. They are personal preferences:

- The Footer. You're using both horizontal and vertical lines to separate the orange and yellow font. I feel like it would look better if you just chose one. Also on the footer, you're using a flat color(grey). I feel like if you added an effect to it, like you did in the header on the green an brown areas, it would look more nicer, more consistent.

- On the S.E.O page and the Packages & Pricing page. The tabs in the right side bar are all different colors. I think that it would look more consistent if you stuck with the same color scheme seen all around the site or just chose 1 additional color to use here.

That is all! It looks great either way, Good Luck to you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're selling designs I would change your logo. It doesn't really tell me you can make professional designs.
    The colours should be updated as well to something a little more "2.0" like blues, reds, oranges, etc.

4. Mustang Ride

Mustang Ride
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like how personable your main page is and makes the visitor want to know more about what you do. Also that you have examples and prices for the person to make a informed decision on choosing you.

5. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I do like the color's of your website and I also had a look through your portfolio. You are very talented and I wish you the best of luck with your business.

6. nagavenkata

nagavenkata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Website is looking good.

7. barry100

barry100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have not designed the site to show off graphic design. I 'design' websites to be functional and make people money. People prefer to be at the top of Google and look good rather than looking too OTT and not found. Graphic designers tend to over design sites, website designers make function. I have actually designed over 260 business websites so the site must be doing something right.

Also I designed the site from scratch and use my own custom built CMS (not wordpress or any other pre built CMS) the design which is more than can be said for 99.99999% of people who call then selves website designers.

#7 barry100, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done on your success Barry, I'm glad to hear that business is going well for you. Personally I think that your website looks great and very professional. Some observations that I would make are as follows;

• Of the top three sites on your portfolio page, only one of them opens to a functioning site when I click on them. It might be worth removing the links that are not working.
    • When I visit a website I expect to be brought back to the site home page when I click on the site logo, your logo is not clickable. I see that you have a "Home" link, but out of habit I still go for the logo.
    • Your subscriptions page with the PayPal "Subscribe" button doesn't tell me what I would get in return for paying for the monthly subscription.

As I said overall I think your site looks great and I'm glad to hear it is going well for you.

9. psrb4u

psrb4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Despite being lots of pictures, your site loaded so quickly, that's amazing. Very good menu interface, keeping it to a simple colour pattern and textual content at the same time which is most important. Nice colour combination, very smooth scrolling, very fine. I like your site design.

• Like Like x 1