Website Costs for new business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by raisonar, Apr 2, 2015.

1. raisonar

raisonar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I am looking to get into a e-grocery business targeting only 1 city at initial phase.
    I was wondering how much cost will be incurred in developing website and app for that and what is the way to go about it. Whether i should hire a developer or outsource it to a agency or perhaps get it done on freelance basis as and when required or anything else i can do.

Regards

2. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should hire a good developer as he/she would help you build your website as well as an app for it. The developer would be with you for all the time and will help you anytime if anything goes wrong with your site which a freelancer won't be able to. Hope this will help you.

Regards,
    BODHost

3. sapett

sapett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with the above. I would definitely hire a designer/developer to design your website. Imagine is everything. The money you spend would be well worth it if you're serious about the business.

4. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The cost varies as per your requirement. Don't hire an agency, find quality developers and designers and do it on freelance basis. It will cost you a lot less. Recently, me and my team designed an app ui for an upcoming android game. It had a total of 6 screens and the designing cost was $500. Then our developers took over the project.

You will need to invest aroudn $1500 - $2000 atleast. Although you will see people charge $1500 - $2000 just for app development. But if you find the right guy, it could be cheaper for you.

5. tanvirnabi

tanvirnabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website Costs for new business is really a matter of concern. You have both the options either to engage the local agency or freelancers to make your website. The local agents who work on website designing and developing are ready to extend their help at any time you need but the cost involve here much higher than freelancers. Costing is important that also largely depends on the variety of features, functions and your special requirements.:confused:

6. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

first you have to buy domain then start a website It cost based on your website design and promotion.you can design your website by your own, If you want to save some money then download website templates on internet if you have little knowledge of wordpress and implement it by your own. your main cost would be website and then promotion.

7. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8. designdigitaldxb

designdigitaldxb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The website cost depends on different factors such as the technology used, number of pages, functionalities you want to include so it is not possible to give exact cost.

9. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Genrally A website's cost has 2 parts:
    Registration:- In this cost we include the domain registration and website hosting space costs. They are different one to another you can choose according to your need.
    Development :- In this cost we include the cost of a developer. It also varies according to complexity of website.

10. AK Sharma

AK Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello,

Website cost varies as per your requirements.Website cost generally depends upon different factors such as technology,functionalities, designs, content management and more.

Well everyone has their own criteria to charge.Things you need to consider while hiring an individual designer or any firm:
    1. Check their previous clients’ websites. How relevant is their experience?

2. Perform Online Search.check their Online Presence(Social MEdia Networks)

3. Does this team and or developer have a strong track record of communicating effectively with clients and being responsive?

If quality matters a lot then you can hire a firm because they work professionally.

#10 AK Sharma, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
  11. brickshazel

brickshazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since you are just starting your business I guess it's good if you post it on your Facebook as lots of people can read about it and join a community. Once you are establish then have your own website. Just base on experienced.

12. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You having a good idea to open a e-grocery store and once you build a website for it, the other factors like testing, optimizing your site for search engines, advertising to get traffics that all factors should be considered.
    Apart from all of this, have you ever think about selling online in Amazon, eBay or any major platform ?

13. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's great!! Targeting only 1 city at initial phase is really good idea. The cost varies as per your requirement. Freelancers are not available at every time. So, as you are at initial phase so to hire a developer is good option rather than to hire an agency. But before hire anyone please discuss it with your dear once if any available with the same industry.

14. justinmartin

justinmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cost of website will depend upon your requirement and functionality.

15. lptrendin

lptrendin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest to go with developer as well a tester also, because this will help you to know the mistakes as and when, and start advertising your website through paid ads.

16. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great to meet you, i had also exactly similar plan of starting e grocery service in my city, while doing research i found that margin in grocery item is very less and this is the biggest hurdle, plus grocery items are often bulky, if you will supply 1 month grocery items to a household it will weigh some 10-20 kgs minimum, to delivery is not as easy as delivering some light weight high profit electronics item, for the technology aspect i would say develop the site your self if you know the development, or else it may cost you some where around 1 lkh INR including payment system because paypal is not active in india till now, so you will have to pay licence fee to banks, i asked icici once and the told me that it will cost me something around 30000 per year, plus charges on every transaction which comes around 0.75% to 5 % for various methods of transaction, like credit card net banking etc, remember most of the grocery items only have 10-12% margin, a webapp tailor made for you may cost some where between 30-50 k, plus minor seo charge would be around 15-20k, please note that all these are only a broad estimates, your requirement may increase or decrease the cost.

17. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yeah, groceries really have a small mark-up. Not to mention spoilage. So if you have a little bit of competition around it might not be worth it.

18. MichaelXH

MichaelXH
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are definitely existing options out there short of hiring a designer and tester. You will definitely get a nicer site from a designer, or at least one that stands out a bit more from the crowd.

Honestly, though? I'm not sure you need a flashy site to sell groceries. If you can build a functional site using cheaper, existing ecommerce templates, why not do it.

19. 60degreeDigital

60degreeDigital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My humble opinion would be to outsource you work to a good reputable agency that would take care of your development work. Apart than that, it would be advisable to have a good dealer & a very good distributing network also. So that you can have your order dispatched in no means of time.

20. katherine Jennings

katherine Jennings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my opinion you should outsource this work to professional BPO company. Good outsourcing companies own team of expert resources who can deliver quality work as per your requirement at quite lower rates.