Website Analytics - do you use them?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Mountain Man, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you use any website analytics. If so what is important to you? How do you classify and sort the information. how often do you check? and do you ever change your methods because of something so see in the results?
    For me: I check about once a month but I don't really know what to do or how to use the data.
    I would love to hear your ideas and input.

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Google Analytics to track all my client site. I check the report once a month, if the particular have special event or activity, I checking it more frequent. I will sort the information as below:

1. Number of return and unique visitor - this important for me to understand why they visit and return to my site, it my content attract them?
    2. Bounce rate and time on site - is my content relevant to reader?
    3. Referral links and traffic - if that particular forum, directories, articles site generate more traffic to me, I will more aggressive myself to the site.
    4. Keyword query - if the particular keyword generate lot of query, I will more focus the particular keyword destiny.

• Like Like x 1
  3. finejewellerys

finejewellerys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google analytics is definitely a good website performance tracking tool which many people using.you can view all the information there,as keywords query,bounce rate,visitor area,trending,etc.

4. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

I use Analytics data to test campaigns and changes I make on my pages. You have to impose certain controls in order to make sure your change results are comparing apples to apples. When it comes to monetizing pages, tracking the changes are very important. Without it, you're stabbing in the dark. It's the way to optimize your pages and find out what really works and what doesn't.

5. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Google Analytics.It is a web-based metrics tool offered by Google. It provides important SEO data – that can be used to optimize your site for search. And… there is no charge for this web analytics software.

#5 Ken Peterson, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  6. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello.. Yes i am using Google Analytics and i do check it every Friday night. Then i record the results like the unique visitors and the source of traffic I am getting.. Google analytic is helpful for me to know if there's an increase to my everyday task.

7. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website analytics is crucial for any online business. By using website analytics it helps you make smart decisions for your business. Through analytics you are able to measure your progress and to make the necessary improvements for your site. You are able to see what works for your business and what doesn't work.

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Analytics pretty much covers all the things you need to know about your website.

9. chizcurlz

chizcurlz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use free analytics tool provided by Google also known as Google Analytics. With this tool, you can traffic your visitors, how much time they spent on your website, click-through-rate, bounce rate or returning visitors, and a lot more.