Webpage or Business First?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by hotsoxmeow, Sep 29, 2012.

1. hotsoxmeow

hotsoxmeow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello All,

I have a people/connection-oriented website idea that I hope will someday become popular and generate ad revenue. Naturally, this is just a hope. Should I first create the webpage, establish web traffic, and then create a legal business or start with the legal business first and hope my gamble pays off?

Thank you for any advice,

Tara

2. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They can basically be the same thing, but maybe starting online will show how much potential you can have in a town or something like that. So I would personally go website then a business.

3. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create the webpage first. That one if it doesn't work you haven't wasted your time getting a business setup.

4. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website first, run it as a sole proprietorship. Then incorporate when you know it works.

The only reason why you would want to incorporate first is if you absolutely know the business is going to make a profit, you think there's a chance you'll get sued, or you want something like a bank loan (which is rarely given to new businesses). If you're making a social network chances are pretty slim you'll be sued in the beginning unless you clone Facebook or something like that, so you'd be fine incorporating after you start. If you're selling high powered lasers like the people over at wickedlasers then you'd want to incorporate as you'll probably be sued after your tenth sale because someone blinded themselves.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with the other comments. Keep your time focused on the website and keep your costs as low as possible at the start by launching the website first. If the site is successful, then you can look at incorporation and other business administration issues.

6. rameshrai

rameshrai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes website is first thing to start with because it provides an interface for contact and sharing business information

7. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Making webpage and traffic management firsthand was a good move, yet we don’t have to wait for succeed to make the company legally enlisted.

8. sadiyakhan

sadiyakhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can get the traffic earn through Absence but idea of your connection oriented site is not clear to me. Make it clear that what site in fact you want to create?

9. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think website first. In this market a new website has more chances of kicking off

10. Santrex

Santrex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems to me a website is the most important thing.