Web hosting solution for new forum

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by harrythomas, Nov 19, 2015.

1. harrythomas

harrythomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

We have started a new forum of android problem. It now has around 300 members, every time there are 30 to 35 members online and discussing about certain problem. As the forum was new, so we have selected shared hosting plan for it. Now we are getting complaints about the downtime. It would be great if someone could suggest a better web hosting solution for it because I am confused in between dedicated and cloud server.

Thank you

2. IOLES

IOLES
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know that hostsailor.com offer really nice vps hosting solutions with much resources. Try to contact them.
    Pricing is excellent and almost everything was ok for the last 6 months. Their tech support people are courteous and prompt and informative.

3. rmmfree

rmmfree
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most shared hosting usually works fine with low traffic. But when you have many visitors at the same time most of them fails. The only reliable solution is to upgrade your service to a VPS or dedicated hosting, with your company or with another one.

4. kinza

kinza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are interested in getting a quality hosting service, have a deal with ifastnet.com or keenweb.co.uk.
    Plans are full of useful resources with high uptime and their network is fully-redundant.
    Support is second to none.

5. Ocido

Ocido
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend to rely on cddhosting.com, they have stable hosting solutions which work with no glitches and prices are competitive. Support is available around the clock and really helpful and professional.

6. Pinko

Pinko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    I'd like to say that services from keenweb.co.uk, they have plans which are resourceful and their servers are well-balanced.
    Support is online around the clock.

7. Grestok

Grestok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you ask me, I consider Zetservers.com, MicroVPS.com and QHoster.com to be reliable places to get cheap VPS deals.
    Compare them, their VPS hosting services are reproduced with great precision testifying to a perfect ability to work.

8. Niksentok

Niksentok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am sure that you will make right decision if you give Dedispot.com a try. They offer Linux and Windows VPS deals.
    Their features have certainly gotten better and they now offer a lot more for the same price. Servers are reliable.

9. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For around 300 members, I think a shared hosting option should work fine but if you are getting complains constantly then you should switch to a VPS hosting, this should be good enough for you.

10. klaythomson

klaythomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a forum hosted 2 years now by 4Goodhosting.com and I can say that my forum runs 100% without any problem. The servers are very solid and stable. The pricing is competitive and they don't have any hidden fees and surprises. Support is 24 hours active with super fast response. Support tickets usually responded in few minutes often with full solution. I highly recommend these guys.

11. Lockisk

Lockisk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not to give SoVPS.com a try?
    I've had support tickets answered promptly at all hours of the night. Sometimes saving a couple bucks a month isn't the best deal. I'm actually paying nearly half what I used to pay my old host and I'm getting much more for my money now.

12. radwebhosting

radwebhosting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would be interesting to know what forum software you are running. Some can drain resources. I would recommend a VPS with a reasonable amount of dedicated cores (E3 or E5 processors are best) and RAM. Make sure the hard drives are SSD and RAID 10 to reduce read/write and minimize I/O bottlenecks.

#12 radwebhosting, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  13. Lockisk

Lockisk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I came to Dailyrazor.com 6 months ago.. Must say that I am fully-satisfied using their services.
    Pricing is only about one dollar more a month than my previous host, but it is worth.. I would pay some extra dollars for reliability and speed than to see my web sites down.

14. MacDID

MacDID
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check also TuneVPS.com cheap vps hosting solutions.
    There's always someone ready and waiting to help with any problems. They have been excellent - replying to my message within a few minutes and helping me get up and running within a couple of hours.

15. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if you are looking hosting solution for forum, then I would like to suggest you to opt for cloud server hosting. As it comes up with lots of benefits which will be more helpful for your forums such as cloud server is scalable if you find a sudden spike in traffic. Cloud technology is smart enough to analyse this and it will increase the resources in runtime, so that the website doesn’t go down

16. Kroh

Kroh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    Services from ifastnet.com and ir-hosting.com are able to satisfy the needs of many IT users.
    Their support is online around the clock and prices are competitive.
    Servers worl with no glitches.

17. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

35 members online at any time isn't a huge load. How many sites share the server? Are you hosting locally? Is your forum running a load of scripts?

An upgrade mag still be the best option but jumping from one shared server to another may not solve anything.