Web design!

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by kamran, Dec 2, 2010.

1. kamran

kamran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are the most useful website designing techniques you use very often?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a pretty broad question Kamran, can you please expand on it a little?

3. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many techniques for designing the website.generally people are using php tolls for designing the website.there are many type of cms in market which we can use for designing the website.for example-joomla,megento,drupal,wordpress,html etc.

4. kamran

kamran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your reply! I mean that what kind of techniques related to layouts of a website you will use. Because attractive layout of a website will catch the eye of lots of visitors.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are you referring to what kind of design will be used, e.g. page format, fonts and colours used, etc? Perhaps you are referring to what software or programming is used to design the site layout, or something else?

6. kamran

kamran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am still the beginner in the field of designing. I want some information regarding what format of fonts should be used? and what color combination will be used in web page layout? For example if you visit a site http://www.logojin.com/website-design.php
    in which different color combination and font color is used. In this font color is red, what you think about font color?

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you currently taking some web designing courses? Or just doing some self study?

8. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have any idea with web design. I think, upon reading all post here maybe i will get the entire idea or concept and learn from it in the future :D

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

kamran my personal preference is for black font, I find it much easier to read. As regards best colours, it really is difficult to answer that. Everyone will have their own preferences and different colours work best on different kinds of sites. E.g. pink might work well for a site selling lipstick, but not for a site selling power tools. You might have noticed already, but I like a Blue, black and white colour scheme - obviously that doesn't imply that it's the best colour scheme.

This thread might help you - Logo design and your business colors.

10. jandrenievs

jandrenievs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what's the best tool in web designing?

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF jan! Thanks for joining and posting your question on our forum.
    Basically, the word "best" is based on the preference of each of us. And it will be different depending who you asked.
    And there are lots of tools, and software used in web designing. What kind of tool are you looking for?

12. kamran

kamran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not taking any course and I am just taking self study. I have visited w3schools and many other type of similar sites from which I have taken information. Fergal your thread is also an interesting one.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum jandrenievs, as GekiDan said "best" really depends on your individual requirements and circumstances. There is no "best" tool for everyone. You could consider DreamWeaver. Another option would be to learn HTML from a site like W3Schools.com and use free tools such as NotePad or NoteTab Light to do your HTML coding.

Please feel free to start a new thread with more info on your requirements and your coding or development knowledge and we will do our best to help you.

14. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For web design, making sure you work with a good screen resolution is essential as you want to cater for generic screen sizes (eg. most likely 1280px across). Look at design trends but make sure you consider your target market. I prefer clean designs which are simple yet appealing. Start by sketching out a few designs, and maybe posting that here and see how people respond. I think the simple header and 2 columns tend to be a successful design for beginners due to its simplicity. I think if you could create something simple to show us, we can provide feedback as to what needs to be done to improve.

15. resources

resources
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I am an HTML designer. That is to say I start with HTML sites and incorporate PHP and other aspect into it.

16. blowoutbedding

blowoutbedding
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many technique by which we can design a website. E-commerce or dynamic websites are normally created in .NET or JAVA. Static websites we can design by PHP, HTML etc.

17. lennonrowen

lennonrowen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Web design is the first stage of website development. Its fact that there are many web design software and tools available today. For example, I have just started to develop a eCommerce website in Magento platform and use Dreamweaver software for web design. You can also use free ready made templates as a web designing.

18. rajesh

rajesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is a very vast topic. I use attractive images with colours and background and medium font. I can't explain it though. You will learn about it from your own experience.

19. Sam Him

Sam Him
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very Right Web Design is First Stage of Website Development . Dreamweaver is most Used Tool by beginners in Web designing and Development .

20. suba

suba
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what is web design?

Web design is the work of creating design for Web pages.