Web-conference and web-meeting service

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Daftblogger, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Daftblogger

Daftblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone,

I have lately engaged in a video conference and web meeting service, let's call the company WEBCO for now. Webco is something analogous to Tixeo soft (check www.tixeo.com). At the moment our clients are mainly based in Milan, Italy, and this is our first year as service providers. Locally speaking, we are the only ones to offer video conference and web meeting service and our clients include:
    *corporations
    *professionals such as lawyers and entrepreneurs
    *e-teaching

After a quick review of analogous service providers online, we found that both our professional edition and enterprise edition are 12 times cheaper! Moreover the quality is almost the same. So, we are very competitive.

As consequence I decided to promote the product online. Yet, I don't know which strategy to follow.
    I thought of clickbank but we cannot afford giving commissions of 50% per subscriber. At the moment I am considering the following options:

-Google Ads, I am skeptical of Google ads because from my previous experience they rarely convert in sales.

-Start a blog on video conferencing/webseminars/virtualclassrooms, their advantages in reducing costs and their capacity to dematerialize geographical limits of an organization and recommend

-Advertise on professional blogs with a professional audience, e.g. a lawyer's blog, e-teaching blog etc. [I am skeptical because I have never promoted online such a specialized service in the past and I don't know how much these advertisements would really convert into sales]

Based on your experience, what would you recommend? Any additional option? The budget is not a problem, but I dont want to squander money online for pseudo-marketing. I am looking for an efficient strategy that will boost our sales by relying on our competitivity!

Thank you in advance.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I would work on improving the site's SEO and also do some advertising via AdWords. Adwords has excellent tracking and reporting tools that allow you to test and analyse what is working and what is not working for you. Try different keywords, drop the ones that are not converting and increase expenditure on the ones that are. Test different ad text and images and analyse in the same way.

From what you say, your service has a very strong advantage over your closest competitors. If your customers value that advantage your business should do very well via word of mouth, once you have established an initial customer base that begin to recommend you to their contacts.

Another approach I would consider is attending relevant conferences and trade shows. Network with the attendees, give them literature and build awareness of the service you provide.

Good luck with it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daftblogger

Daftblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The website in fact is not optimized and as you can see has the following disadvantages: it is a .eu website and the domain contains no keyword. We are working on these problems already as part of our project to aim at an online clientele. Still, as for the adwords your proposal sounds interesting and I think we will decide to try that shortly. As for seminars and presentations it's what we are relying on for now locally. Our whole local marketing so far has been based upon the idea of word of mouth and the results have been excellent.

Other suggestions are welcome.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Daftblogger have you considered entering into any partnerships? Perhaps you could agree deals with relevant suppliers whereby they receive a commission in return for selling your service. Businesses that might be interested in partnering with you could include web designers, hosting companies, telecoms companies, suppliers of telecoms equipment, telecoms maintenance and service firms, suppliers of video conferencing equipment, IT service firms, computer hardware and peripheral suppliers, etc.

5. Daftblogger

Daftblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, we have several partnerships and as a company we working a lot to build more. Still, my idea/challenge is to take the service online and sell it to everyone, popularize it. So far it has been more an 'elite' thing, used only by tech-friendly professionals. Others, on the other hand, don't even know of the possibility to have a videoconference online and how user-friendly/time saving/money saving it is. You can share documents in real time, use a virtual whiteboard for video-annotation and above all there is 100% protection of content of conversations and data. Authorities too cannot access them (which makes it appropriate for professionals such as lawyers and doctors where secrecy is important). All these services come at a very affordable price, that any professional in any country can afford. It has everything to be sold online and to be popular among professionals all around the world from England to India to Nigeria to US. My objective, in practice, is to boost online sales and reduce real life sales to a small fraction of the total sales.
    At the moment I have decided to try the following:
    *Google adwords
    *Set up a specialized blog on videoconferencing
    I'm very optimistic and if I am being unrealistic and failing to take into consideration any factors I would appreciate very much that you or any other BAFer point it out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That sounds like a great approach and I hope it is very successful for you.

Hopefully some of our other members will also give you some suggestions and feedback.