Web 2.0 vs. Web 3.0

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by pratibha2020, Jul 29, 2010.

1. pratibha2020

pratibha2020
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Web 1.0 was the first generation of the Web, then came the second version i.e. web 2.0 and now web 3.0 which is the latest version in web application. But still we are not clear with the difference between them, let’s discuss them in brief.
    Web 2.0 as the programming tools used to create the Web pages that were considered "cutting edge Web 2.0". This included AJAX and SOAP and other XML and JavaScript applications allowing the customers to actually interact with the information. Some of the most popular examples are:
    • Gmail
    • Google Maps
    • Flickr
    • Del.icio.us
    • Tecnorathi
    • Digg
    The main catalyst for this is Application Programming Interfaces, or APIs, allowing communication between two or more software applications. Most people agree what Web 2.0 is an interactive and social web facilitating collaboration between people.
    What is Web 3.0? It is the next fundamental change both in how websites are created and, more importantly, how people interact with them. It’s a term, which definition is not confirmed or defined so far as several experts have given several meaning, which do not match to each other, but sometimes it is referred to as a Semantic Web. According to Wikipedia “Web 3.0” is a third generation of Internet based Web services, the third generation of Internet services is collectively consists of semantic web, microformats, natural language search, data-mining, machine learning, recommendation agents that is known as Artificial Intelligence technologies or Intelligent Web.

#1 pratibha2020, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I don't see a need for differentiating between web 1.0, web 2.0 etc. It's just the Internet evolving and developing to become more interactive, accessible and sociable, why would we need numbers to mark the different stages in it's development. Here's what Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google has to say about it

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T0QJmmdw3b0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T0QJmmdw3b0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

3. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal, it would be like naming TVs tv 1.0 and tv 2.0

4. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am amazed

i am amazed that guys are talking about the web 3.0 , i am still under the hangover of the web 2.0 specially the RSS

well thx fergal for the video , i think i will be digging more on this , this weekend .. lol :)

5. Shotgun

Shotgun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Jeez, I was just getting into Web 2.0 and now people are already talking about Web 3.0!

6. Shole

Shole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not sure but i guess Web 3.0 will be better

7. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Technology won't stay at one place for long. So I'm sure very soon we'll have Web 4.0 and so on. I see nothing bad in it just once again we'll have to introduce something new in creating web sites and etc.