We Use Different Marketing Strategies. Still Gets Low Traffic. We badly need help!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ashleypryce, Mar 9, 2013.

1. ashleypryce

ashleypryce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We launched Templatebowl.com last week. We offer free print MS Word Templates. We tried SEO and Social Merdia Marketing Strategies, still we get low traffic. Also, our graph is showing lesser visits compared to previous days. Any advice or suggestions? I really think we are missing something. :(

2. wella58

wella58
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What should we do to make our products profitable?

Hi!

We recently launched our site that provides print templates to non-designers. Initially, we've got plain, simple templates that we offer for free. We are planning to upgrade our templates soon. Perhaps, by making professionally-designed templates and offer them as premium items. Do you think offering free templates the eventually moving to premium templates is a good marketing strategy to engage our potential customers on our website?

Also, can I get some feedback on how should we improve our product templates on this: templatebowl.com

I would greatly appreciate your honest feedback. :)

3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Upgrade means maintain existing feature, and added new feature. It is important to continue provide free template for unsubscribe audience, because they are largest base to access your product. At the same time, you may offer value added services for premium subscriber.

4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What did you do in seo? Did you achieve good rankings? Could you provide more details?

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Offering free templates is a good way to get exposure for your products. However, when you introduce premium paid templates you should not discontinue the free ones. This will keep the visitors coming and someone might as well buy the premium ones later if not at that time.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged and bitly links removed!]

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I am also curious about what you may have done in SEO. You have very little content, if any, for the SE's to crawl, and are therefore seen as irrelevant. The site is also very plain, with nothing to compel a visitor to make a selection, or even remain on the site for very long. There are larger selections of various styles of templates available elsewhere, and templates are often included with printing software, so there is really no reason to obtain them from you. Give your visitors a reason to do so. Adding more content to the site will also make it more relevant to the search engines

9. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have just launched your site and you are expecting to have lots of traffic? What kind of marketing strategies you used over the week? I assume you have not implemented enough marketing reach outs in one week.

I noticed your facebook page has low link backs to your website. Don't forget to share something within your site and make sure you put a link back to it. Same goes with twitter and other social media platforms you use.

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is nothing to go back in the site if I were to analyze it, one will download a template and go their way without turning back. maybe if you guys add a forum for support, the users may come back to ask whatever they want to incase they do want something else.

11. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) I recommend you switch from using the All In One SEO Wordpress plugin to Yoast Wordpress SEO plugin. I don't think that All In One allows you to do SEO on category pages. Most of your product offerings are on category pages. If All In One does allow that then I guess it doesn't matter as much.

2) I would also strip the word "category" from the URL structure for those pages.

3) As Joeroxx mentioned, your content is thin. I would recommend that you add more content to your pages preferably in the form of text.

4)You couldn't have done that much SEO for your site that soon other than just the on-page stuff. If you want high rankings you are going to have to give people a reason to link to your site or else start doing some content marketing where you create links back to your site. Without links that site is not going to rank well for any decent traffic keywords.

5) If you want immediate traffic to the site with it being this young, I suggest you use Google Adwords search network advertising. However, if you don't have a way to make money with the site yet, then that certainly isn't going to be profitable for you.

6) Using colorful images for your products (like postcards, brochures, etc) will make them much more attractive as opposed to using those generic images you are using right now.

7) If you showed people some examples of what their finished product could look like if they used your templates, then that would add value to your product as well. I would create some excellent quality samples and show them on the same page as the product offer.

8) The only way to get lots of traffic to a site that young is to add something to your site that goes viral or else purchase advertising from somewhere that can generate lots of traffic like Google Adwords. Your SEO, Social Media or Content Marketing campaigns will generate traffic for you, but they will take much longer to do so. Those are long term promotional efforts, not short term.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ashleypryce

ashleypryce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll try them. :)

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Yes. We know that there are a lot of competitors. That's why we are working hard to make our site stand out.. but for now, that's all we have.. though we try to improve the design and the content of the site every now and then.