Wanting to use my .com address for my blog?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by shakemelikeapig, Mar 25, 2012.

1. shakemelikeapig

shakemelikeapig
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I first started my wordpress blog, my page of my blog was called http://routinehabit.com/blog. I was mucking around and opened a website at my server and called it routinehabit.com. I've tried deleting it so I can use the .com for my blog, but I must not have got rid of all the files cause I still can't use my .com address. Any suggestions would be great.

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you have full control on routinehabit.com domain and hosting? For those who have full control, it should not be a difficult task to solve the problem.

Currently it is redirect to routinehabit.com/blog, are you the one who set the redirection? If yes, you can disable to redirect.

What is the error you get when you try to got rid of those files?

• Like Like x 1
  3. sabrinasabino

sabrinasabino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're on Wordpress then you will have to sort out the link on your admin panel. Because it might still be pointing to the /blog directory. Let me know if you need any help with this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mbitsol

mbitsol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should try page.ly hosting they are specialized of word press hosting.

5. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a a good solution, as the user need to switch server, the process become more complicated.

6. johnnyS

johnnyS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

try to put all of the contents of the blog directory into the root directory of site, the you need some database modifications to do..

on your wp_options database table, find the siteurl and home in the option_name field, update the option_value of those rows and put your domain then save.

i think that would do the trick..

7. printsnpaints

printsnpaints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think sabrina's probably right here. Make sure you fix it in your wordpress admin panel.