Wanting to start online store without inventory

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by CajunQueen, Aug 14, 2014.

1. CajunQueen

CajunQueen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello!

My name is Michelle. I am looking to start an online store where I do not have to have any inventory (drop ship) and I can give back to organizations by donating a good portion of my proceeds to certain organizations.

I am a full-time college student at my local university working towards my BBA in Marketing. I work 3 jobs outside of school and my work schedule is very inconsistent. I would like to do something where on my days off, I can run a small online store. My idea is I want to start an online store where I carry no inventory and I can just drop ship from the companies I list through my website. I was wondering what all I would need to begin doing such a task. Would I need to obtain a business license to do this? How can I find companies that will drop ship to the customers straight from their facility? What all MUST I do to begin doing something like this? If I chose certain organizations to donate a percentage of my profits to, how would I go about distributing the money to them? Would it be a good idea to just run a website with the products or start an ebay store instead?

Please explain anything you can in as much detail as possible just so I understand everything correctly. Thank you so much!

2. neuman

neuman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, first you need to find a product or service (in this case, you wish to find a vendor who drop ships) so find a product you are knowledgeable about then locate a manufacturer who sell similar products. Contact them and ask about a drop ship program.

3. yugasini

yugasini
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friend,

It is not that much easy to start on line stores, I am not discouraging you. Now a days there is lot of competition. Every day new on line stores are coming up in the market, and due to lack of business vanishing in the market. First you complete your education then think about On line stores, all the best.

4. runbch

runbch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An online store is a huge time investment. Maybe just try to learn some web design and seo first before getting too involved.

5. ron13315

ron13315
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you can, like neuman said "find a product you are knowledgeable about then locate a manufacturer who sell similar products. Contact them and ask about a drop ship program"

even you cant start now, its important to invest a domain name for your online store, Thats important.

6. yugasini

yugasini
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friend,

It is impossible to start a business without investment, seek any investor for you. Best of luck