Want to start a Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by mechal, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mechal

mechal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all, I want to start a new business for paper shredding.
    To days every man in this world have some important information in the form of papers.
    Every body want to secure that papers. Paper shredding is a business in which i will provide services to shred the papers from offices and homes.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi mechal, Welcome to Business Advice Forum. Did you wish to post any questions in relation to your new business.

Most offices have their own shredders these days, home owners can even buy small paper shredders very cheaply. Have you asked yourself why people would pay you to shred their paper?

3. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perhaps as well as shredding you could offer to dispose of the waste securely? This is a concern for a lot of businesses is that even items they shred can be read. If you could do a deal directly with a recycle center or paper mill you could take the shredded paper away from offices and get it to where it needs to go..

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It would also be great if you could do something for the environment, when disposing of the shredded paper. Recycling it would be much better than dumping or burning it and would allow your client companies to tell their customers they are doing something positive for the environment.

5. Terry Justice

Terry Justice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use a paper shredding company currently. They collect the paper, shred and send to their plant where it is converted into puld for reuse. They manufacture the paper holders found in many shipping containers. IE: The preformed tray that holds the item.

One service in our area also provides the shredding of hard drives to meet the need for degoussing.

6. KipFXDesign

KipFXDesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't know if I would trust one, if I dispose of it, I know it has not been seen by everyones eyes, maybe paranoid, but an obstacle you will need to get over to many people and businesses

7. ortiz

ortiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi mechal,
    Now a days every body want to shred the documents of his offices and homes. For this purpose man are using own shredder of particular brand. You are going to start the business for paper shredding you should go for this some on can take the services of your business.

8. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a good business plan of yours, Mechal.

I once have been using paper/document shredders when I was working in a bank before.

One thing I realized is the importance of maintaining a shredding machine: it's by using an environment-friendly biodegradable shredder oil at least once every time you empty your shredder bin. This way, it will really help to keep the cutters in top condition and extend the life of the shredding machine.

Many believe that fire or burning is not only cost effective but quite efficient, but I really don't agree it's a good idea.

9. jennysquare

jennysquare
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congrats!! Mechal that's a realy good business plan. One more thing that have you decide what kind of business structure you are going to start, are you going with sole Proprietorship, LLC or corporation, if you have any query in this regards feel free to ask our experts make your business filing hassle free

thanks

10. ortiz

ortiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are going to start a business i hope it is the best job. We can not burn the papers due to environmental problems. You must start the business for paper shredding. Today lot of papers are required to shred.

11. dexterallen01

dexterallen01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can do that the paper shreding is very low investment business and grow as you work hard. so i think if you already have knowladge in this feild then go for it. Make some business plan and start your business.

12. thad99

thad99
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is good idea. we have a few places in Indiana like that. some places come and pick the papers up, and others you can take to there location and watch them be shredded.

13. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm with Kip. And I'd not want to trust that it was done either unless I saw it with my own eyes.

Here's an interesting option. Mobile shredding trucks. Now that's clever. :)

Source.

This is what they look like. It's the smallest in the range.