Want to promote via ‘Custom Affiliate Widget’. Help!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Cartncms, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Cartncms

Cartncms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am planning to launch a website that will sell 3rd party Electronic Products. It is under development process now. Over the period, the number of products and categories will be quite high. So I am planning to sell it via an affiliate system that works something like Amazon. The system should work like a widget. Since there will be huge number of products, so the system should allow the affiliates to display the desired products in his site directly from my product database and customize the width/height/color etc.

Can anyone help me with information where to go?

Thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum Cartncms and thanks for posting your business questions. You say that you "will sell 3rd party Electronic Products" do you plan on purchasing those products for resale or do you yourself intend to be an affiliate for those products?

3. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you explain more of how you are going to do this? If I am understanding you right, you will need coding, correct?

4. Cartncms

Cartncms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not wish to purchase. But allow third party to upload. We will just a get %age of sale amount.

Best solutions can be a custom affiliate solutions with my widget. But I do not have high budget and also I do not have much time too. As per my understanding it will be like Amazon affiliate widget and there must be affiliate software behind.

Do you have any idea how much time it may take?

#4 Cartncms, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  5. kur_web_dev

kur_web_dev
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I saw an article and video at Euraffiliates website suggesting similar services. I think they have developed a additoional software module on the base of the existing software. The new custom module somehow connects with site proudcts to give the interative solutions?

6. Cartncms

Cartncms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Cartncms just to clarify, so you will have an online store that sells electronic products and you are looking for a widget that will allow other businesses to upload their products and sell them through your site, is that correct?

How will you manage the trust issue, e.g. what happens if I go to your store and purchase an item that turns out not to be of the quality advertised or worse still is not delivered to me after I have made the payment?

8. Cartncms

Cartncms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I am looking for the affiliate widget to generate affiliate links on the fly. It has no connection with the supplier. Such that the affiliates can login and customize the content to be displayed in their sites (somewhat it happens in Adsense) and publish it in their sites.

My web application will take care of the store part. The suppliers will register and upload their products. There will be a manual verification. We will activate a product once we are satisfied with it. Like Ebay.

9. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you looking for something like this? http://www .webmastercart. com/? Or something like Share a Sale?

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member