Want to open a hair and beauty salon

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by paul01, May 29, 2012.

1. paul01

paul01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to buy an existing hair and beauty salon, preferable with all modern amenities plus trained staff. What will be the budget or cost I will presume for it and Is there any way that I can buy an established business for sale of this type? Looking for some good suggestions...

Paul Matthews

#1 paul01, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  2. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to evaluate its all assets. Check the condition of all instruments and evaluate them on their current market price. Check its previous accounts and keep an eye on its previous debts and other liabilities.

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's a bit of tip that might help you research for possible considerations before engaging yourself into a hair and beauty salon.

1. See if there are nearby hair and beauty salon in your area. Know their clients and how to they market their service.
    2. Make sure that you already have things set up or planned out before you open your business. You can make flyers or brochures to promote your business door-to-door and plan out on how to grab their attention.
    3. Set your price. Know how to deal with prices and the services you will render to them. Also know the safety standards needed or licensing or certification needed for you to run your business in your area.
    4. Locate your business to a place where people tend to walk through or that is very public - so that people can easily see and know that you have such business.
    5. Contact friends, relatives, colleagues, etc. to come and visit your place. Sometimes they pass on about your business through word of mouth to other people.

Thanks,
    Mark T

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sonia Whitehorn

Sonia Whitehorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly, you have to draw up a business plan and present it to your bank as you will either need a bank loan or if you have savings you are half way there. Do a SWOT analysis and you will need to do some research via the internet, newspapers and magazines for suitable properties in your preferred area. If you are looking for trained staff, you can try colleges or unemployment agencies. Research on costings for staff, rent, equipment and products. You will need to sign up to a beauty warehouse to get the products at discount prices. Once you have everything in place, you will need to do some advertising i.e flyers and leaflets, advertise in the local newspaper, letting people know that you have just opened a hair and beauty salon. Help this helps. Wishing all the best in your success :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's all depends upon your budgets. And it's also meter ares.. What kind of or what type of customer you really want.. And give best services, discounts to at trek your clients....
    All the production calculation done than you will be decide your price.. You want best items like creams, all the items who used in saloon.
    I give you latest example of my friends.. He has own saloon. His father is working in bank. So he got loan of 25lac.. He already decide the place. And he has some contacts other friends who already works in saloon.. they guide him totally n he started his own saloon.. his spend something 15 lac. to buy a place. n 10 lac used to buy items...
    already 1 years they finished and you don't believe this he earn around 35 to 40 lac in year. now he going to start another branch at other place.. His strategy really work... He did adds. poster mouth publicity n all that....

6. newbodylife

newbodylife
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck!