Want to know about SEO strategies for new website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kpkarthik, Jun 16, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently I created a new static website with the help of web service providers. I need to show my website on Google while typing my domain name without http format.What are the basic SEO strategies to index the new website on Google Search Engine?

#1 kpkarthik, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Once again, you have asked a question that is not clear. Are you entering your domain without the "http", and you want your website to appear in the SERPs? Why wouldn't your website appear if you enter your own domain name? Also, SEO strategies are not used to index the website - the website can be submitted to Google, or Google will index it if it is substantially changed after it has initially been indexed.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

verifying your site on google webmaster tool can make the indexing faster. This is what I've observed when i created a new site.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you have Webmaster Tools installed, you can set the preferred domain using the Site Settings. One of the settings is for your Preferred Domain. You can tell Google which domain you want displayed in the SERPs by specifying it here. As ownedbox mentioned, you might need to verify that you own both versions, unless both versions of the URL point to the same location. A more detailed explanation of preferred domains can be found here.