Want to know about Copied Content Problem

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by kpkarthik, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If someone copied my website content and they placing that content in their website means,which website would be getting penalty by Google algorithm?My website or that person's website?

2. George Freeman

George Freeman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That person's site. Because Google know the time of publication of your content. Of course Google's algorithm is more complex and not only determines the time of publication, but to assume that the Google's team is not suggested that such a situation may occur, is to be blind)

Anyway everything will be ok.

3. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't worry about this at all, if someone copied your content and posted in his/her site then Google will penalize his website not yours. When you post your content, the Google will index your content in his database & when he see same content in another website then his website will be penalize. So, you should continue your promotion without any problem.

4. SAP Online

SAP Online
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Google has first indexed your contents, your site will not be penalized.The site that have copied contents would be penalized as your site has original contents.

5. ConsultJoseph

ConsultJoseph
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If a competitor copied your content, he will not be penalized (I am assuming you guys mean that he will see a decrease in rankings). There are a lot of websites who copy content occasionally and if done on a minimal to average level will not get them penalized.

However, since the content is duped (I assume your page is indexed and the first one indexed with the content), it will be harder for him to index the page or to overtake your ranking since you have had that position first. Although, if he's good enough in ADDING MORE content to the existing one and is able to get high quality backlinks, he CAN outrank you.

6. webpro

webpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normally the person who copies the content gets penalized. But why not you initiate the Complaint with google or write a warning email to person who stole the content . You can use copyscape of find all the details about copied content .

7. paulsimmons

paulsimmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You dont need to worry about who will get penalized, simply report that website copying your content to Google. Sooner his website will be de-listed from Google Index.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.