VPS Hosting benefits

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Ricus, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Ricus

Ricus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion using Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are the best for smaller websites to develop and may even have enough ressources for websites with medium traffic. Basically you have a server only for yourself and not sharing the same with other users.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marius081

Marius081
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Ricus,

That's right.
    I would add that hardware backup solution is very important as if Virtual Cluster is failing your site should be backed up at least daily. I'd faced this issue for some time and restoring back-up was the light from the end of tunnel. :)

3. ranker01203

ranker01203
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, vps is best solution for whom those not want shared hosting the server resources like Ram, cpu etc are not shared with any users.you can get full resources and powerfull server.

4. BNB

BNB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

VPS hosting is possibly better than having your own box. Oftentimes a VPS is on a far better server than you would get for even a remotely similar pricing.

5. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please tell me more about VPS. Thanks

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

smartkathy VPS refers to Virtual Private Servers. It is when a hosting company gives you a virtual machine on their servers. It is "virtual" in that software creates the view that you have full control over the machine, but in reality you only have a section of it. In terms of management and control, it is similar to having a dedicated server to host your sites, but in reality other hosting clients will have VPSs on the same server.

7. don19

don19
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A VPS hosting account is less expensive than a full dedicated hosting plan that uses a physical server.

Many VPS plans can be customized to meet your needs so you pay for what you want but you do not need to deal with any features you will never need.

Many VPS hosting plans are easily scalable. You can start off in your virtual environment with the minimum amount of resources you need and then as you grow gradually increase your hosting plan to accommodate your needs. You do not have to pay for excessive resources you have not yet grown into.

• Like Like x 1
  8. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since VPS's seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper it is a better way to host then getting a shared server. It can be faster and more reliable, but most don't come managed like shared serves are.

9. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is a good way to explain it, they are good for sites that have a lot of vistors or something that takes up a lot of space. It's a good investment to be made for any website.

10. williamwain

williamwain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Virtual server VPS or virtual dedicated server is a type of hosting which is used by any organisations today has to deliver high performance in all terms with reasonable price from the top and reliable hosting companies in India.Selecting a Virtual private server hosting will be a correct choice has it has more features then the physical server this is a part of the web hosting service in which complete speed and performance filled services from this VPS hosting services which has a great future expansion.

11. stevenrenolds

stevenrenolds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backups are always extremely important. I remember in the early days when i would try to make changes without then having to restart the whole project because I made a mistake that i couldn't fix.

12. arnurnaakala

arnurnaakala
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,
    The best thing about VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is the fact that it comes right in the middle of dedicated and shared hosting, and provides you with the benefits of both of these types of website hosting. So, it is no wonder why so many small and medium sized business owners, as well as other website owners and bloggers are rapidly moving to VPS hosting.The vps hosting is the standard shared website hosting.
    Nice to meet yo.
    Thanks,

13. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

VPS is also great in the respect that you're given root access (to the OS on your VM) and can install whatever software you'd like. This was, to me, the benefit that sold me. Want to move from Apache to Nginx or update your version of Git? Probably not an option on your shared host, but totally feasible on your VPS.

14. mzpz

mzpz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

VPS is usually has higher price taq than shared hosting services. For small blog or company profile development i recommend shared hosting.

15. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Five benefits of VPS hosting

01) Control panel interface gives you root access
    02) VPS hosting as a cost-efficient solution
    03) Traffic patterns can be easily recognized and catered for by VPS hosting
    04) VPS hosting allows your website to grow bigger
    05) Hosting several websites

16. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

VPS hosting provides you with more disk space, CPU and RAM.You have the freedom to choose the operating system and software you want to install on the server.shared hosts offer multiple domain hosting, most of them do not provide enough resources for you to do so..most important for me VPS is much cheaper than a dedicated server...

17. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Performance is not the main benefit. The main is admin rights, you are free to manage your own server like you have a dedi

18. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

VPS hosting is really very nice and very useful for hosting a website. It is beneficial to use for all small and medium type of business. One of the main banefit of using VPS hosting is its cost effectiveness. It is really good to use grow website. We can use it to host one and more website.

19. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

VPS Hosting has better security to count on because of its self-dependency. That is because every virtual server uses its own resources and OS. It offers a dedicated mail server with a separate IP address. It allows for custom configurations and installations. VPS Hosting performance and reliability are based on the fact that every virtual server uses its own CPU and RAM resources that are not shared.

20. rebena

rebena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

VPS servers are More stability and reliability for basic web hosting needs,More control compared to shared hosting,Green technology, environmentally friendly, and more efficient use of resources,Cost effective solutions for small websites.

No.1 hosting company in india
    Find in Google"Sri Ganesh Hosting"