Virtual sales person

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bussinessbrktrgh, Nov 1, 2010.

1. bussinessbrktrgh

bussinessbrktrgh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been reading some statistics these days and I was amazed to see how many companies use virtual employees. I’m tempted to explore this possibility – what with the high office lease, services, and other office related expenses – but I am not so sure how this system works.
    First of all, I understand that virtual employees work from their home offices – so how will I supervise their work? I want to make sure that I can hold everyone accountable for everything they do, and that all these virtual employees follow the policies and procedures in my company.
    Have any of you tried to outsource some of your operations? I’d like to read some of your opinions and experiences regarding hiring virtual employees. The idea seems attractive, but my uneasiness is regarding the level of control that I can retain over my employee?

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends if you mean you actually want to hire them but have them working from their homes or if you want to outsource to virtual employees?

If you want to hire them so they are in your employment but work from their homes then the key is to get the right person and keep up with good communication. With Skype and all the other systems nowadays you can still be talking face to face all the time.

If you want to outsource then take the time to find the right partner, a good company will not let you down as their business depends on customer service. I'm a virtual credit manager/credit controller so know what my clients want. We have regular chats to ensure everyone is pulling in the same direction and everyone wants the same result for the company concerned.

3. frankingmachine

frankingmachine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's right! There are tools available online to track down every virtual employee's work progress and work hours. Basecamp or Vtiger CRM for instance. These tools can help you monitor all your virtual workers' progress. Just hire the right people, train them well, be a good boss, reward the good workers and remind those who are not doing so well, establish a good communication between the management and the virtual workers, and everything will be running smoothly in the company.