Viral Marketing?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Bliss Elliosn, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I want to know that what is that Viral Marketing?
    What techniques and procedures are involved in that kind of marketing.

I know many of you would be thinking that I could Google it and get tons of answers.

Yes, I aware, I can do that, but I want the answers in more interactive and discussion based mode, where I could raise a point at the same time when it confuses me.

So hope to get encouraging answers.

Thanks.

Regards,

Bliss

2. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Viral marketing in a way is like a snowball effect. There's multiple ways of implementing viral marketing. One of the main ways used today is in social media networks. Pretty much how it works is you send an ad, information, website, etc. to a multiple amount of people you know or have contact with and then they like the idea or whatever it is you are sharing and they continue to do it through their groups of networks.

Like I said social media networks is great for this. Another "older" method of viral marketing that is used a lot is emailing. It's very simple to have an email forwarded. You send out a mass email to 500+ people, it's bound that some of them will forward it, this including the people who they sent it to, forwarding it out as well. It's a chain type principle.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

Viral marketing depends on a high pass-along rate from person to person. If a large percentage of recipients forward something to a large number of friends, the overall growth snowballs very quickly. If the pass-along numbers get too low, the overall growth quickly fizzles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I love this video that explains how to make a viral video - despite the still below it is not adult in nature;

[YOUTUBE]-0EQ5HYPz1w[/YOUTUBE]

6. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok fine thanks, do the reviews websites also fall under this type of marketing?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I suppose if something is so popular that it gets featured on lots of reviews websites, that could be considered viral marketing. Also if a reviews website was so unique that people began to speak about it and link to it all over the web, that could also be described as viral marketing. Does that answer your question?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, Yes I have got the point.
    My apologies if were unable to explain things.
    Yes, my point was, the reviews websites, that present the reviews of famous brands and products. So are these websites also doing 'viral marketing' type of things? Because mostly people used to search for the product reviews that they are intended to buy.
    Yes, many thanks, you have answered my question. :)

9. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So what I have understood that there is no such big logic and systematic techniques involved behind the Viral Marketing. It is the thing that we are used to be doing in our daily life, like sharing the things that we like with our friends and contacts. simple!

10. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes this is a true statement. Only thing is, most people don't use viral marketing the correct and/or in all the ways possible to help promote what they're doing. Seeing how there's a vast amount of different ways now days to do viral marketing, it is in your best interest to dab a little in each particular field to help accumulate the best response for what you're trying to accomplish with it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mywlai

mywlai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Viral Marketing that can give us website bring good results, but do not so easily that Viral Marketing

12. beia

beia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Making a quick video and posting it on youtube is the quickest way to get started. This also does wonders for your search rank on Google, as I've had videos appear on the first page without much SEO effort.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Is that something you have done yourself beia, how has it worked out for you?

14. beia

beia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes this is something that I've done myself. An example is if you go and type "seo quicken" in google, in comes up as number 1 or close to number 1 in the results. This was a video I did back a while ago to promote the website which isn't currently active.

15. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

16. Umair

Umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can't limit viral marketing to one thing like video or something else. The definition of viral marketing available from the wikipedia is "marketing through spreading your word mouth to mouth" which means it can be anything which one share and than it is shared by some of his connections and so on. It can be anything from facebook status, tweet of twitter to the video of facebook. The only condition required in viral marketing is than thing which you are going to share should be interesting and must force the user to hit the share button.

• Like Like x 1