Very Important for Everybody : Comparing the value of followers?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by spyindiaanu, Aug 27, 2016.

1. spyindiaanu

spyindiaanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everybody. I've got an important question regarding social media followers. How much you would value your followers in various social media? I mean, what would you prefer to gain - 100 twitter followers, 100 facebook followers or 100 pinterest follower? Let's take 0 as "no value at all" and 10 as "maximum value", so the comparision of followers may look like: Facebook: 7 (high value) Twitter: 5 (moderate value) Google+: 5 (moderate value) LinkedIn: 8 (very high value) Pinterest: 4 (less than moderate value) Please help me with this and answer this question seriously. Then I promise to give each of you hundreds and hundreds of real high quality followers in any social media you prefer very soon. You can add any other social media if you think they are important. Thanks in advance!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Each of the social media websites you mention has a different purpose, so are valued in different ways. What is appropriate for one business may not be appropriate for another, or, there may be different demographic groups in the different websites. The specific number of followers makes no difference - you want followers who have an interest in your product, service, or blog.

This is an empty promise, as no one can give out "hundreds and hundreds of real high quality followers". Followers are gained through participation in the social networking websites. Even if these so-called "followers" are real people(which is highly unlikely), if they have no interest in the specific page they are supposedly following, they are not likely to ever visit the page, so are literally not followers. Therefore, they are worth every penny the recipient paid for them - in other words, nothing.

3. Baloo

Baloo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really hate the current trend of using 'followers' and 'likes' as some kind of measurement of success. As Joseph was so kind to provide, different platforms have different purposes, and as such they are worth different to different business.

Then comes the issue that not every like is equally valuable for each business. A person who likes/follows a FB-page withouth actually caring about the same things is not worth much since they are not likely to convert to a customer. Therefore trading subscribers and likers is a futile game.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Not one of these followers will add any value. So your X followers for $99 deal will be just as pointless.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Just as I suspected, this was an attempt to gain new clients for a business that is little more than a scam to take money from unsuspecting website owners. Since there was no actual business named, and no actual price mentioned in the original post, it is not strictly an advertisement, so it was allowed to remain. It can also serve as a warning to those who may be tempted to purchase this "service".

6. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I may be tempted to go for Facebook followers since it is possible that they can be gained when you buy Facebook ads and select the targeted niche traffic that you need but i don't know of that of twitter if it sells ads. And also Facebook is the first place that most webmasters may run to if they seek to get social traffic for their website or are searching for internet marketing services for their websites, business, products etc.
    but just as some persons mentioned above, each social media platform performs a different roles specifically. it may work on facebook but not on twitter.

7. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lots of automated social media accounts on almost every social network so you should first have to make sure that your followers are genuine people. Among the social networks you mentioned in your post, facebook and twitter are the most helful. Here are the values which I would give to each social network.

Facebook: 8
    Twitter: 7
    Google+: 5
    LinkedIn: 5
    Pinterest: 2

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What do these values mean? If you were promotion fashion to a group of followers Pinterest may be far more economically valuable than Linkedin or even Facebook.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Good question. Without any knowledge of what criteria were used to determine these "values", they're worth about as much as Google's Toolbar PageRank - and we all know what happened to that. If you could give us an idea of what criteria were used, and how each value was determined, they might be much more helpful.

10. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would value Twitter followers the most, after that Instagram. Facebook and Pinterest followers don't count [profanity removed]

#10 Rockpapercopy, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  11. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Many people marketing successfully on Instagram and Pinterest would disagree.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Like rf-harris above, you give no details. Why do you value Twitter followers the most? What criteria did you use? As fisicx pointed out, there are people who have successfully used the sites on which you placed a lower value. There are also businesses that do better on certain sites, but not on others. Knowing the reasons why you feel the way you do, and how you came to the conclusions you did, would help us better understand your position.

• Like Like x 1