Vending Machine Business a Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by billjones777, Jun 8, 2012.

1. billjones777

billjones777
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am curious do you guys think that 45k to invest in an ice vending machine business is a good idea? I have been looking into it for a while, here they are please let me know what you guys think: www dot bagofice dot com

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That sounds like an awful lot of money to invest in a vending machine business. What would you get in return for that investment?

3. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen stand alone ice vending machines around town here. It looks like it will be more profitable in the spring-fall time. Just gota keep up the maintenance on the ice machines and keep them clean. Dont want to get anyone sick. May sound like alot, but could result in easy money. Alot of good questions to find out before doing anything would be the best route..... If you place a stand alone machine, would i pay rent, or buy the small property and then taxes. Electric bill? water bill? monthly maintaince fee? merchant account fees if you accept debit/credit cards? buying bags, and etc....