Vegetarian Doesn't Always Mean Healthy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by TheGrandAdmiral, Sep 25, 2014.

1. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People have believed that vegetarian diets will lead to fat loss for a long time. This is only somewhat true, as illustrated by the staunch vegetarians that still have a pouch. Eating veggies alone and ditching meat is not going to help you shed fat. you will have to change your habits and watch everything that you eat.

Why Are So Many Vegetarians Still Fat

2. gktime

gktime
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm, I understand what you're saying, but I think comparatively if somebody who is already healthy stops eating meat they will be more healthy. If someone who is overweight stops eating meat, just by doing that doesn't mean they'll lose weight. They'll have to do exercise too and avoid other things like sugary food and junk food.

3. shivshakti

shivshakti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes that is very true. Eating healthy doesnt always means being a vegetarian. Eating white meat, fishe and egg is as healthy as eating vegetables and vegetarian food. Healthy habits determine whether you stay fit or you dont and not just what you eat. taking enough sleep, regular exercise and a good laugh once in a while is as important as a nourishing and healthy diet

4. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well in my opinion just eating pure vegetables isn't 100% good for your health, it is healthy yes but you need to maintain a well balanced diet. I eat a lot of meat but I also do make sure to put in a lot of vegetables in my diet too. This way I am making sure my body receives all the nutrients that it can from every source. As far as weight loss goes you have to properly maintain your diet, exercise and you will see some results.

5. kiwistech

kiwistech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Losing fat is easy infact very easy' Drink luke warm water after getting up from bed and before eating anything. Infact drink a cup of soup before meal is also helpful in reducing fat.

6. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that vegetables are very good for you however more variety is needed in a diet than just vegetables alone. Although I do believe vegetables should compromise the biggest portion of our food.

7. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also read that on some online health blog, hmm, I'm been doing it ever since, but it's just a small factor for losing fat.
    Going back, being a vegetarian is good, but you should also know what types of vegetables to eat and also the amount of it so that you can still have the balance of what you intake.

8. Ana

Ana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that.. We have to have a balance diet.

9. JosephTramontana

JosephTramontana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Green Vegetables are no doubt healthy but all vegetarian food id not healthy.

10. SLogix-Brian

SLogix-Brian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think being a vegetarian means you are a rich man because it's expensive.

11. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some vegetarian are still fat because of lack of exercise..

12. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Improper quantity of food intake, un-hygenic, improper timing, lack of sleep and no workout are the main reasons to obese.

13. peterfarrell22

peterfarrell22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If vegetarian doesn't always mean healthy then neither non-vegetarian does. You need to maintain a right balance of food, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. With foods, make sure that you are doing exercises too.

14. navarromarillou

navarromarillou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even if you're a vegetarian or not! You will need a proper balance diet to maintain your body fit and healthy.

15. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't believe that vegetarianism is the way to lose weight. It is very important for health and slender beautiful body to combine well-balanced diet with physical activity and sport. Many people are denying that the vegan diet lacks minerals and other nutrients necessary for normal healthy life. I completely agree with this opinion, but still think those proteins and other nutrients of animal origin are needed for the normal physical and intellectual development of a young child.

16. LogansWalk

LogansWalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've known some very unhealthy vegetarians, not just physically unhealthy, but mentally as well. One of my relative's employees is morbidly obese and switched to a vegetarian diet, he was about 350 lbs and initially lost a little weight but never stopped drinking sugary drinks and is still @ 320 to this day - he also doesn't exercise which baffles me as to how he thinks he is going to ever lose any weight.

17. DarrylSpiers

DarrylSpiers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i don;t think so. In my opinion vegetables are best for health. I am not saying this that every vegetable is good but overall being a vegetarian i like to eat vegetables and know the benefits of eating vegetables.

18. RAYEES WANI

RAYEES WANI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

vegetables are offcourse best source of energy but not a complete package . We need a minimum amount of all the proteins /carbohydrates/ iron/ calcium /vitamins /etc . which is not going to come from veg alone

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pinky Tyagi

Pinky Tyagi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am interested in hwo a vegan diet would affect me as a diabetic. Getting enough protein and the glycerine index of the food would be of importance to me. I would also want to get enough nutrients that I wouldn't need dietary supplements or vitamin tablets.

#19 Pinky Tyagi, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
  20. Kimmymarkks

Kimmymarkks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you. I know two people who have become vegetarians and have both gained a lot of weight. A lot of people associate meat with being unhealthy and it's not at all true. Meat can be very healthy when the right amount is consumed. When you give up meat completely you need to find a way to make up for all that protein in your diet which a lot of people don't do.