Valentine’s Day Gift Idea’s - Feedback requested?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Annex, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Annex

Annex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So Valentine’s Day is a few months away, but why not start coming up with a few ideas as to how we can profit from this special time of the year.

I’ve come to realize over the years that valentines day isn’t for every couple out there, but those who take pride in celebrating put effort into their choice of gifts for their special someone.

With a social network consisting of a few crafty people, I was interested in seeing how I can turn Valentines Day into something profitable and valuable for the people who purchase from me.

I had a few ideas’ I want to throw onto the table:

• Gift baskets
    • Roses
    • Chocolates
    • Customized cards
    • Discounts at various restaurants
    • Stuffed animals

Ultimately I would be more interested in providing some sort of package for customers that would consist of a basket full of goodies featuring items mentioned above.

I was thinking I could either target an older demographic and focus more on premium pricing with a luxurious product look and feel. Or I could target a much younger audience and focus more on low pricing with a more customized product such as custom cards and gift baskets.

For distribution I was thinking I could either enter into an agreement with boutique gift shops and sell in a retail atmosphere or I could have a more casual approach and sell at a market square or online.

The idea is still up in the air but I’m interested in what you guys think.

2. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those all sound like great ideas. I'm sure if you put your time into it you could be successful at any one of them. The one thing you are going to run into is a lot of competition! All of your ideas are already very saturated. Start to think about what twist you can put on them that will make yours unique.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your idea sounds great for those that would like to buy a hamper of products for their partner on Valentines day. This would be convenient for them, as it would mean that they wouldn't have to go out and buy all the products individually. As convenience is a factor you may be able to charge a premium price, assuming of course that you include quality products and that your packaging reflects a premium / exclusive image.

Selling through gift shops would be great and I wonder if you could also sell through flower shops?

4. rachit

rachit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Valentine’s day gift is the best way to make your valentine feel special. There are a number of gifts which you can send online to your best friend.
    Indiangiftguru

5. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Taking advantage of special moment such as valentine’s day to business is a good business opportunity.
    However there are many competitors doing the same thing.
    Your idea is great, try to make it extra ordinary so that it stands unique from your competitor.