Using Open Source Graphics Suite GIMP

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Bwendo, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Just letting you all know there is a great open source (FREE) graphic design editing suite available for download.

It's called GIMP and there are literally hundreds of tutorials so you can hone your skills as you learn about using the software.

Best of all, it's totally free...

2. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For those wondering where you can download GIMP, you can visit their website by clicking here. GIMP is actually a really good software, being a graphics designer myself, I actually started off at GIMP. With the lack of money to buy a professional software like Photoshop, I decided to try out graphics designing on GIMP before I really got serious. This lead me to buying something more advanced like Photoshop. In short, the software is great to accomplish simple designs and there are plenty of helpful tutorials online to get you started. Best of all, it's FREE so if you are interested in becoming a designer or something along those lines try GIMP out first. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SUITE? I've been using GIMP whole my life. what software are along with it?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that was his mistake, he probably meant to say just one piece of software.