Using Mystery Shoppers to combat Sales Integrity

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sweetpea63, Aug 15, 2011.

?

Would you have your Mystery Shopper inform the Agent on the call of their WIN?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. sweetpea63

sweetpea63
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would welcome hearing your success stories using Mystery Shoppers to keep Sales Integrity in check.

I am currently ready to implement Mystery Shops and roll a Gift Card incentive into the successful call.

I am getting some resistance to my idea of having the shopper congratulate the agent on their successful call. It's my opinion from experience working in a call center, that the excitement (instant gratification) of the win promotes more willingness to adhere to Sales Integrity and Procedure amonst all agents as they hear an agent has won and want to win as well. My immediate boss thinks that the win should be brought to their attention at the end of the week. My thinking is the agent would have no idea which call they completed successfully and more time effective to notify immediately. If they pass they get congratulated and win a Gift Card. If they fail, then we would use the call to coach the agent.

Any thoughts on this subject will be greatly appreciated. Please take a moment to answer the Poll Question and please feel free to leave your comments as to why you voted the way you did.

Thanking you all in advance.

#1 sweetpea63, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can see your point about not recollecting, however I would assume that call centres would have a recorded call log which you can access to help give feedback?

• Like Like x 1
  3. sweetpea63

sweetpea63
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, we do of course record every call. However, trying to keep this simple and to the point. The agent either passes or fails. If they pass they get congratulated and win a Gift Card. If they fail, then we would use the call to coach the agent.

I have stressed to my boss who has never taken calls in a center, that the buzz that is created everytime someone wins is invaluable. Looking for some concrete opinions either my way or hers :)

4. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't worked in a call centre, but do work in customer service myself. How about having both; an instant gratification and a formal feedback session?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've worked in the call centre industry in the past, both on the phones and in a management / supervisory capacity. My preference would be to give the award immediately after the successful call. I feel it will do more to improve the working atmosphere and create a buzz on the call centre floor. As JPM suggested you could also tie it into a larger reward program, e.g. the agent who has made the most successful calls at the end of the month could win a larger special prize.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sweetpea63

sweetpea63
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not only would they get the instant gratification but their call with their permission would be used in upcoming training sessions with both New Hires and current employees who failed the call due to not meeting the criteria of the shop.

I love the idea of an end of the month prize as well and thank you for your opinion.

Thank you both for your responses. I am hoping others will join in this discussion as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GamingOn

GamingOn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the end of the day is usually when I would win cash prizes at my call center job. :D
    I suggest at end of the day based on performance.
    It's up to you that's my opinion some people dont give out bonuses at all so people are lucky to have a job with you. :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. sweetpea63

sweetpea63
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Was the cash prize associated with a Mystery Shop Call? And if it was, what was the reason for the delay in acknowledgement?

I appreciate your input and wanting to take not only my opinion but those of others back to my bosses.

Thanks in advance.