USB-C and USB 3.1, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Stef, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Stef

Stef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ola guys!

I just read an article about the USB 3.1 or USB Type C. And personally, I think it looks really promising! It's accelerated to up to 10 times faster transactions than USB3. And that is quite some speed, if you ask me.
    Imagine you have to wait 10 times less till you have your movies copied to your external hard disk or the other way around. Wouldn't that be amazing?!

Also the micro-usb which would become a standard, here in Europe at least, now all the sudden gets changed with the brand new USB 3.1. And now USB 3.1 becomes standard. But that's just for now I think, because most likely in three years or so they'll have developed something even faster and then USB 3.1 will no longer be a stadard.

I like to hear your thoughts about it, guys! :)

- Stef

2. Razor

Razor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The type-C sounds fantastic for mobile devices, but how many people actually use their cable to transfer data nowadays? For laptops and desktops, however, 3.1 seems like a great upgrade. I, personally, hate how slow it takes to transfer data sometimes. I also think they should create some sort of SSD that can hold more storage and isn't super expensive. Maybe one day. Hard drives are just too unreliable for data transfer.