Urgent advice needed!!

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by brianmac89, Aug 13, 2012.

1. brianmac89

brianmac89
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being a graphics designer myself, I feel as though nothing really stands out on the website (no offence intended). When potential clients first approach a website, they are looking for that visual appeal and ease of use. You have the ease of use, but the visual appeal isn't quite there yet, to start off I would suggest that you get a logo made for your company as well as a website design that would make all your information feel more visually appealing. If you are looking for a designer, you are free to send me a PM, I can give you a reasonable price for some graphics work. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Overall it looks not bad.

4. laurabrentley

laurabrentley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The colors are a bit blinding. Try changing the layout a little and the color scheme. Larger display of panorama and similar images would be nice and it will add more impact to your website.

5. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it's urgent, then take an urgent look at the following:
    1. Get a logo, this "thing" you have is improfessional and bad-looking
    2. The hover of the menu doesn't need to have top right and left this curve. Make it a solid black, it would look better.
    3. Get a favicon.
    . Revise the keywords, maybe hire someone to optimize it.
    5. I am not a fan of tables any more, although they can come handy sometimes and save time. It's your choice but maybe consider a redesign with a <divs>, or html5, you know..the internet of tomorrow..

• Like Like x 1
  6. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With reference to the content :

1. I think that is better to be "firm" or sure and specific of what services you offered. For example, instead of saying "suggested services" , you can say it "'Services Offered".

For this one, "Design brochures, flyers, etc…", I think it is not okay to place "etc"

2. Be careful about typo errors. Here are some : "personell " , "tailer"

• Like Like x 1
  7. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Along with what others have said, I think what they are saying the site feels like is bland. Which I kinda agree, ti's a offset blue and green that doesn't really sand out. With your logo still having the white background as the ficon of the log it just looks really unprofessional. To go along with a logo I think your logo could use some work bad. If you want something done feel free to contact me (or Jay if he is accepting work) I may be able to help you out for free.

If you are looking to do the site I would have the designer do something that stands out a little bit more.

For example:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...w=192&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:91
    Another design that looks good but is plain which I think the look you are going for is:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...=185&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0,i:104

• Like Like x 1
  8. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has your site an outgoing link? If not, then please keep an out going link as google consider it.

Thanks

9. jackmartin

jackmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No offence, But it needs alot of improvements. Starting from color combinations to the content!
    Look and Feel should make you feel nice, work on the fade in and fade out effects for the picture. For more help in how to make it better use google.
    I hope you didn't mind my post and that you do fix things.

10. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Laura mentioned the colours as did Jack above. I think they're right.

A few people mentioned logos. You don't need a logo. A logo is a nice to have but does not make people want to use your services.

Visitors want to know what you offer and how you can help them. Your page doesn't do that. The first thing that one sees is that huge picture. Along with your banner, it takes up more than half the page. Your message is lost.

You don't have a grabbing headline (it's taken up by that huge photo) that would make visitors want to read further. You actually have a good line lower down in the bullet points that I would use: overloaded with work. I would try that headline and a sub-headline such as "focus on your business, less on administration". Then get right into it as to why they should hire you and not the next site they visit.

Metatags are important, the keyword one not so much. But you should have proper keyword metatag just the same. Your description tag is way too long if you are going to do SEO. But the main thing is selling the visitor.

I'll echo what virt_train said. Especially the services you offer. You want to look professional in every aspect. If you use poor grammar and have typos on your site, I'll be less inclined to hire you. Actually, I won't hire you.

Nothing wrong in a bland site although many will want something more colourful. But don't overdue it. Remember, you are trying to get people to hire you. All the bells and whistles will not make this happen by themselves. You need to sell yourself. Give them a reason to contact you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

12. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A new logo and a new image to replace the one at the top of your content will suffice. Everything else looks nice.

13. ZINC

ZINC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks almost unfinished, quite basic. You might want to try finding someone to make you a nice better and add more effects to the page.

14. sambling

sambling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A few things:

- The domain is too long.... unless you are looking for keyword traffic from google.
    - The design is very basic. I would recommend searching for better html/css templates and then editing those OR using a CMS like Wordpress or Joomla which have a good selection.
    - The title is way too big and you need a new logo...

15. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Brian,

I think this is a clean and concise website that delivers a clear message. It is perhaps a little static and could use some content management - this should help search rankings, etc...

At the moment it is ranking quite low on Hubspot, but you can follow the advice from this report to help improve it: http://marketing.grader.com/site/www.macsvirtualofficesupport.com

Good luck!!

M.

16. barry100

barry100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

pretty basic design but at the same time is think if you dont have more content (images etc) to put on it then you can work with this. I like the colours and the over all design but i think you need to make more banners so there is a bit more going on. Nice design ;)

17. LiquidServe

LiquidServe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Site looks nice but I think you need to invest some time in improving the theme of the site!

18. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally feel that the Logo can be much more improved. The content can be managed through tables. The bottom of your site can be made a bit nice. It looks very simple to me.

19. aestheticseo

aestheticseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

website overall look good, just make some space between logo and the MACS VIRTUAL OFFICE SUPPORT in top header..

20. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Brian, there's a lot of nonsense talked about logos for small businesses as a way to brand your business. As a result, the web is awash with meaningless, irrelevant and downright ugly logos that, at best, do nothing for your business and, at worst, undermine your credibility and drive people away.

In a global survey, several years ago, the 10 top logos (in terms of public recognition and recall — the ONLY worthwhile criterion, ultimately) in the world were identified. I recall the first three places were Coca Cola, Ford and Shell. IBM, Apple and other similarly well-known brands made up the balance.

The striking thing, to me, as a designer and teacher of visual communication, was the fact that of all the 10 top logos, only ONE (1) was not the name or initials of the organisation that owned it. It was an image. But the image was SHELL — the name of the organisation, but brilliantly rendered without words so that it was instantly recognisable in any language!

In any visual communication, form needs to serve function — and make it more effective, so that the message gets attention, gets read, and gets the desired action.

As a rule-of-thumb, try to keep the number of visual elements to around five items, with ONE of those items serving as the focal point of the piece. Any more than five elements on view and they tend to compete for attention, and comprehension plummets.

Your site is workmanlike, and not displeasing, but it needs a more professional touch to boost credibility and conversion. This is especially true in the area of copywriting.

Your copy is cold and dispassionate, mostly in passive mode. Sales copy needs to be warm, engaging and in active mode, focused on YOU and YOUR rather me, my, mine, us, our or ours. Your copy is all about you and your business, not about the prospective client. They want credible solutions to their immediate pain. You kind of hit the target here and there, but it needs massaging and kneading to make it more reader-friendly and engaging.

You'll find a series of articles here to help you keep your visitors longer and get better responses (they're free): http://profitclinic.com/viscom/

PS: The survey was before Apple became such a huge brand, but it uses the same visual branding strategy as Shell.