Updating Web Pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by apexis, May 8, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

this will probably sound like a really stupid question, thanks to the excellent support offered in this forum, I think I've gotten my head around the order of which to use the SEO PowerSuite workflow.

What I'm also wondering is, do I need to manually edit the meta tags etc. of my website's html with the new key words suggested etc.?

A couple of friends have asked me to optimise their websites for them, but as they aren't self-hosted, they don't have access to their html files, how does this work out?

Thanks for any help you can offer me with this and I hope I worded it clearly enough for you.

2. deltahost

deltahost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, you need to change meta tags, keywords, etc.

3. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make sure that you are doing correct on page seo to your site.

4. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you need to have access to the files in order to change the meta tags, however, Google apparently ignore the keywords in your meta tags now because of too much misuse of that area.

The main areas you should be concentrating on are the title and description. The title in particular is the second thing the robots reach after your domain name, so getting that right is as important as, say, getting the title of a PPC ad right. Unfortunately you need access to the files for all of this.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Minimum work is manually insert title tag, as for description tag Google able to suggest it according to page content.[/QUOTE]

Try ask, they must be a way to get the permission, if not how they manage their site content and renew their domain?

6. AliceNolan

AliceNolan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is right that Google is ignoring meta keywords, but I have read some where else that, meta description is also a factor to whom google is ignoring. what you say?

7. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If they have not self hosted sites then surly they are using dome kind of CMS like blogger blog or free wordpress blog. In that place you have options in dashboards to put description and keywords to the blog or site.

8. Maximspace

Maximspace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Meta description is still read by google. But if the search keywords are found in the page content google will ignore meta description and display the portion of page content instead.