UK Web Host For Business

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Tejmal, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Tejmal

Tejmal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm currently in early development stage for my upcoming businesses and I was wondering if anyone on this forum could recommend me some UK based web hosts. I would prefer if the web host company was an established company with some years of experience and having a good reputation overall. If you know any then please post them here and if you have been a customer of them then could you tell me of your experience of being with them.

Thank You.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Tejmal are you looking for any particular type of hosting, e.g. shared hosting, reseller hosting, VPS or dedicated hosting?

3. Tejmal

Tejmal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest I don't know much about hosting. I've only bought shared hosting in the past for my websites. What type of hosting do you think is best for a new business?

4. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Depending on the size of your business, you could do with shared hosting, a VPS, or even a managed dedicated server. All depends on the resources being used by your site. Unless you expect massive growth very fast then shared hosting will be fine for you for a while.

I would personally recommend Web Hosting UK as a fantastic option for your webhosting needs, I'm sure Mr.Hayes will be happy to make the same recommendation too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Tejmal unless there is some reason why your new business requires a huge amount of resources I'd recommend that you start out with shared hosting. If you are with a large reputable hosting company they will most probably also provide VPS and dedicated server hosting. Hence, you will be able to take on more advanced hosting in the future as your site grows and needs more resources. I'm not from the UK myself so sorry I can't personally recommend a UK hosting business.

6. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal is right. Shared hosting is the best way to start. It is VERY Inexpensive and lower your overheadm Tejmal.

7. Tejmal

Tejmal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank You for the replies. I'll go with shared hosting to start with seeing as the business is quite small and will upgrade when I receive traffic to the site.

https://www.webhosting.uk.com looks quite good, but I found mixed reviews for them.

Found another UK web host which has been established for some time - http://www.uk2.net/web-hosting

Which one would you recommend from those two.

The price for the second are not inclusive of VAT, it adds it when you add it to the cart.

8. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I would recommend www.webhosting.uk.com. It's what I used for a long time and there was no downtime whatsoever. The servers are excellent and it's very very easy to upgrade your package. And while it does cost a bit more than the usual host, it's 100% worth it, in my opinion.

9. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From previous experience, I'd use Evo Hosting, they're fantastic with support and always put the customer first! I've been with them 3 years, and I've NEVER had a problem with them! :)

11. HunterMiracle

HunterMiracle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perhaps a clarification of your question is in order. What do you mean by web "business?" Would it be an already existing website, a blog, network forum, subject to search engine queries and to what audience, etc. Please clarify so that we can provide a meaningful and direct response. work at home

12. HunterMiracle

HunterMiracle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am 17 years old and am thinking of starting an on-line web hosting business . Obviously due to the nature of the internet customers may be from around the world.

13. ciciyu

ciciyu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

justhost is the best webhosting