Two question about building backlink

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by iimibrohim, Oct 17, 2010.

1. iimibrohim

iimibrohim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, everybody..
    I have websites to introduce my offline business and recently learning seo to make my site more visible. My two question:
    1. I shouldn't copy paste articles from my site to any articles publisher. I should create new version or totally new articles to be submitted to those articles publisher because google doesn't like duplicate content and will not count the backlink. I s this correct?
    2. My site is non English site, Is it useful to create articles in English articles publisher such as ezine only to have more backlink without expecting more visitors?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. If you can provide new article will be better, else just rewrite the article is good enough.
    2. backlink is still backlink, it will helps but it will be better if you can submit to the social bookmarking or article submission site that accept your language which will help more on both SEO and traffic generating

3. landau

landau
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Translating an article is OK since you are offering useful content and search engines are fine with that. I'm not sure if the links are worth as much as new original articles though.

4. billinboots

billinboots
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, google don't like the copy article, so please write the article yourself, and if your website is not in english, it is better to write and publish the article in your language.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, copy/paste stuffs are duplicate content so it's better to have it rewritten or just write a whole new article.
    In regards to a backlink on your non-English site, it's still ok to create an articl in English. Why? English speakers may want to read your site and browse your site for details.

By the way, how about posting a link to your site here?

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you might generate some englsih speaker go into your site. However, due to the site is non-english site, the visitor will leave the site immediately, and it will actually increase your bounce rate. It doesnt benefit your site. If want to targeted on english speaker, create another english site is needed

7. iimibrohim

iimibrohim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys. you make me smarter now.

http://www.ibrosys.com just to introduce my offline business, actually.

Ah. I never heard about bounce rate before.
    from wiki: Bounce Rate = Total Number of Visits Viewing Only One Page / Total Number of Visits
    Sigma, Does google count this bounce rate? Will it harm our site if it is high?

Yes I think it is funny to lead English speaker to my site. It will waste their time but people said it is better to build backlink from high PR sites... And most of high PR sites are English sites.

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate is not hurting you but the traffic is same as those traffic exchange site. It is wasting your bandwidth and the visitor's time.

It will be better if you can translate your website to english if necessary

By the way, backlink from other languages are not helping much on your SERP. And ask yourself what is the purpose of getting backlink? For the PR or for the SERP? or just want traffic from the backlink site?

9. iimibrohim

iimibrohim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Sigma, I taught it can help my SERP for my target keyword. Yes it was my objective. Now I know it can't help. But it is still OK if it helps only my PR.
    Yes I've been wanting to have English Site. Maybe translating my current site or make new one.

Thanks guys.

10. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't follow your logic here. You want people to come and stick around, don't you? Wasting their time isn't a way to do that.

Instead of thinking about enticing people that won't like your site, spend more time on improving your content for those who will enjoy it and stay awhile. That way you'll go up in the rankings naturally. When a site's not being built with the readers in mind first and foremost, I don't see the point in building it at all. Your content is what you need to concentrate on, not your ranking.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are welcome, you just need to translate them to English, it still consider as original content after you translate them

Hi Kay, i think you are misunderstand her/his point. His/her website is non-English site, and therefore it might causing the english speaker leave the site once they enter.

12. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe I did but I don't think so. Of course it being non-English will make them leave right away. So why not just improve the site so that it goes up the rankings in his own country's search engine pages where native visitors will arrive and stay awhile, than count on to a foreign language speaker who leaves in two seconds?

Surely the native language visitor sticking around for a lengthy visit and perusing numerous parts of the site would count more than a fleeting English two second one? His own site would eventually become a high PR site because of his own efforts to grow his site.

I doubt it would take long for a negative comment to be made on the English sites about his link if he did that. I know if I were the webmaster I'd remove it right away because I'd have no idea what I was linking to. It's unlikely that link would remain there long enough for any link juice to be passed imho.

Maybe, maybe not. :)

13. iimibrohim

iimibrohim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, what do you think as not logic is what i am thinking about too. That's why I asked is it useful to put backlink on English site.

I think I got some points about backlink here: 'backlink is backlink' but it is better to put backlink which can invite true targeted people to stick around my site. Tq.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can understand your point.
    Some webmaster is just wanna to improve their PR and sell link to others. In this case, they normally dont care where the backlink come from as long as it pass PR juice to the website. However, for the quality site, i totally agree with you that focus only on the native languages site, backlink from same languages site provide more help in SERP and able to get more quality traffic

15. haiwin

haiwin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it is better to write valued content by yourselft ,insteading copy

16. prjoeseo

prjoeseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Correct.
    2. Write the articles in your language, do some link exchange with other webmaster who run same language as yours, and also blog commenting.