Twitter is it Worth it?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by georgelopez66, Jul 15, 2010.

1. georgelopez66

georgelopez66
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We all know the twitter craze thats going around.

I used twitter and not the biggest fan of it.

I use it for personal reasons (connect w/ friends, family)

But i see people saying there making like 5 figures a month

and twitter is there main traffic source. Thats something

i find hard to believe.

Twitter is cool to keep in touch with friends and family.

For getting traffic and growing your business is twitter

Worth It?

Your Thoughts!!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. WildCat

WildCat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it's still worth it, although we need some experience and you should be a regular visitor and you should be very active. Fergal gave nice links to read and to follow.

4. yourmapmaker

yourmapmaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I've just got a twitter account (feel free to follow me and I'll follow you back @yourmapmaker) but you need to know what your doing to get to that level. Also like anything it will take time, training and hard work if you want to get to that level.

Regards

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you post a link to our Twitter profile in our Twitter Username Thread - BAF Official, you should get some additional followers.

6. yourmapmaker

yourmapmaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

I wasnt aware of that link so thanks. However, a suggestion. there are about 7 pages there some with twitter accounts as links, some as text and others just posts so it takes time to go through and its likely to get longer.

What would be great is a simple sticky of BAF members and their twitter accounts. Just a long list like

http://twitter.com/yourmapmaker
    http://twitter.com/someonelse
    http://twitter.com/anotheraccount

Just means all accounts will be easily read would be easier to to add everyone. If an account doesn't work you can get send a PM and just remove it. Its a much easier way for BAF members to follow each other and helps everyone grow their numbers.

Regards

7. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Twitter is really worth it. I run a lot of Twitter, personally. I never really have businesses using Twitter yet, but it will be something to add. It allows your clients and interested people to keep up with what your business/company is doing and provides a great, customizable platform too. You can find boatloads of apps for Twitter that enable business communication with Twitter. It really is your friend and another marketing resource. As well as a way to connect to your crowd and maybe reach out to some new people.

8. monicajvis

monicajvis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I think Twitter worth.
    If you have high range of follower in your account.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the suggestion yourmapmaker, I'll certainly consider that.

10. domainshouse

domainshouse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Twitter for me is more for promote things like web sites and auctions, sales and so on, not for making money. I never click on likns that have typed words like "win money" or "easy money". Maybe the guys that won some amounts of money were the pioners of twitter not the recent ones. The market is full of those fools and twitter is no more the same tool of communication as it was in the past.

I use it for promoting my auctions (domain names auctions) into my web site and some interesting links to my web site.

Well, i think that Twitter use is now worst than ever. If people get some traffic maybe he/she needs to take hours typing tweets and it don´t deserve the work. Better is to pay for getting some traffic, not with tools like Twitter. If the traffic you buy is of better quality (not only one country except USA), then you ll get more traffic and your web site tend to grow by thousands.

11. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People make money through Twitter aren't making it directly through Twitter. They use referral links and have a bot post them at a consistent time each day. Also, they tend to mass follow (not recommended) and discard those who don't follow back and repeat the process. With this, they can gain a strong follower-base and just promote their referral link.

12. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the simple answers: how would you react if any of your friends or family posts a link on twitter. obviously you would like to visit that link.. the best way to market your product or service is to market your product within your friends and family members. please read the case study of facebook.

13. jacoby161

jacoby161
    uix_expand uix_collapse

facebook should buy twitter – its all about the connecting people and sharing info – not such a clear fit with others, except maybe yahoo’s new social/open strategy they announced last week.

14. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its just a basic thing, if you have lots of friends that's like about 1K+
    it should be worth. just give it a go even if you only have few friends after all tweets are now searchable.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would you please have a link to the case study you are referring to?

16. chemicals

chemicals
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the answer is yes.
    twitter is really an effective way in Internet marketing.u have this question,shows that u can't use twitter to promote sites well.don't worry,u need take more time to do it on twitter.
    update,follow...I think twitter will be effectice for u.
    man,don't give up.