Tweet Zone

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by hcted, Oct 31, 2010.

1. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Today, I released the final set of fixes and additions. This is my Social Network project and has taken two months to get it to this point. The theme was made by me.

A few notes before you judge:
    - Blog posts not showing before being logged in on the home page is a known issue and I am working on it
    - The site is running on an Elgg engine but with a Good new API markup and extensive changes to make it fit what we need it.
    - We are working out zone issues with Adbright so right now where you see a gray box, should be a long rectangle a little smaller than the main content box. Just imagine it for now :p
    - You may log in with Twitter without registering an account. We mirror info from your Twitter account onto a account made in our system for you. Everything is taken care of with that button if you wish to use it.

Please take the time to look through the site fully and let me know exactly what needs to be done. Beta tests helped a lot but more needs to be done before initial launch. This is the first site I have publicly opened the place up to, so have fun on there. :)

http://tweetzone.net

2. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The beta test is over and this has been launched but I am always looking for Feedback.

May I get an answer to the following questions though:
    Is the site difficult to understand about what you can do or what it is about?

If yes, do you have ideas of how to improve it?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The new site design and layout is a big improvement on the previous version. It's much more crisp and professional.

Yes I believe that your site needs some improvement in this area. When someone visits your site you only have a few seconds to grab their attention and convince them that you can deliver something of benefit to them. Your homepage should clearly outline how your site can help your target audience. A couple of bullet points might be enough.

Have you thought about what kind of people will use your site and the benefits they will get from it?

4. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I actually spent a day thinking about who we can reach out to.
    The site is open to anyone who uses Twitter, businesses, App Developers, and anyone else. It is quite the large audience but we really are trying to touch everyone in those groups.

A layout of ideas is,
    Businesses and App Developers can set up polls to get opinions on their advertising/product. They can also receive an App Developer advertising package if more the x people use their application which is free or cheap advertising.

Those are not the only things we hit with them or others though.

5. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a little off-putting on the theme, the other text is a little lighter blue. I think maybe a centered logo saying "Login Here" or something will be more appealing then this.
    [​IMG]

6. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is set to catch your attention :)

7. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess it done its job! haha

8. Justin

Justin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Couple of things... Rather than having newest groups on the home page maybe popular groups would make the site look more interesting? Seeing four groups with just one member didn't look overly enticing.

It was hard to get back to the home page... Having the link to go back on the logo isn't overly user friendly in my opinion. I wonder whether a top menu would be a good idea? Hvaing the link to tweetzone open in a new browser from the about page is annoying. I am already on the site and don't really want to have a new browser window to close!

The site isnt overly difficult to figure out what it is for.... although I think a stronger reason why I should join could have been emphasised.

9. rakebackblogger

rakebackblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi hcted,

Im a small business owner so therefore I would like to know the benefits of using your site. And Im afraid I would probably need more than a few bullet points. Would it be possible to have a link to page called benefits of tweetzone or something like that, and explain how it could be beneficial to, as you earlier stated, to a regular joe soap Twitter users, businesses, App Developers. Break it down into groups so that you can explain it to all your different targeted audience.

Maybe also have articles to explain how important it is for small business to make the most out of twitter and give tutorials on how to do so? I know there must be tens of thousands of small business owners out there like me who really have no idea how to utilize twitter properly. If your website could inform us humble twitter newbies then Im sure we would then understand the importance of using your site?