Try Clothes On Over the Internet

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Fergal, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A difficulty faced by many online clothing retailers has always been that their potential customers cannot try on their clothes. Zugara has come up with an extremely innovative solution to this problem, a solution that may well change the way we shop online.

Their video explains how the solution works;

[youtube]NxQZuo6pFUw&hl=en&fs=1&[/youtube]

Would it make you more comfortable buying clothes online?

2. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow .. brilliant .. Its a very excellent way to make people more tempt towards online purchase of apparels.. Excellent ... Being a textile engineer I can say it is very difficult to convince an customer even when he shops directly into an apparel shop.. But this makes a huge difference .. Webcam is fully utilized in this kind of promotion...

Now a days, there are lot of CAD based softwares which shows the fitting of clothes for persons.. But this system is one step above Textile CAD systems... Kudos to Zugara

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah, i have seen the video, as they said that only around 3.57% of people make purchase online for clothes, this innovative technology will definitely remove the hesitation as it gives not only the option to try different clothings but you can also take advice & opinions from your friends in regards to this...
    Great feature, lets see how people adopt this technology..hopes what is the cost of all this??!!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good question, Zugara don't answer it on the video and it is not obvious on their website. Instead they ask that people who are interested in the solution contact them for further information.

The solution would be worth a lot of money to online clothing retailers if it gave them a strong advantage over their competitors and made an improvement in their sales conversion rates.

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also had an idea that is quite similar to this before but it doesn't have anything to do with clothing. Although I also agree that this is a brilliant idea from Zugara, I'm a bit doubtful if it will work or not. The reason why I'm doubtful is that when I buy clothes, shoes and accessories, I want to try them on, walk on them and physically touch the cloth and materials used to feel if they're comfortable or not. I would also want to see if it fits and looks good on me from all angles. I won't buy anything that I'm not comfortable in wearing and doesn't look good on me. Just ask any lady you know, they'll tell you the same thing. :)

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Most ladies I know would say exactly that. However, I know one lady (in her 30's & who always looks great and dresses extremely well) who to my surprise, told me she buys all her clothes online. She has found an online store that she is happy with and she really likes their clothes. If she's not happy with something she receives she can send it back.

This particular girl is obviously in the minority but with new technology like this we might begin to see more and more of it.

On a related note Dunnes Stores is a hugely popular Irish grocery and clothing store with branches in almost every town in Ireland. One of the previous owners, Ben Dunne, was ousted from the family business and is now a very successful business man in his own right. Ben Dunne announced some time ago that he would soon launch an online clothing store, that would sell clothes much cheaper than high street retailers, including Dunnnes Stores.

When asked how would customers select their sizes he cheekily said that their sizes would be exactly the same as in Dunnes Stores and that before buying from his online store, customers find their perfect size, by trying on clothes in Dunnes Stores. Some people might describe this as an Irish solution to an Irish problem, others would probably say that it was extremely clever and innovative.

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is what I call sweet revenge.. an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth kind of thing. :)

Dunnes Stores better watch out for the huge increase in customers going to their stores but all for the wrong reasons - only to select their sizes so they can buy it online from Ben Dunne's online store.

8. kiawah

kiawah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They say in sales you have to get the person to visualize using or wearing the product. This software does it for you!

9. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is excellent. Yes, it surely makes one feel more comfortable buying online. Else i'd think 10 times before purchasing a piece of clothing online - though things like books,cds etc are cool, but clothes without trial - no way ! Now, it seems a possibility :)

10. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you're right Simplyjo. It will definitely have a great influence and impact in the online retail clothing industry. But I'm also thinking that this could just be the start as this innovative solution from Zugara can also be used for accessories and even jewelries.

11. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Shopping clothes matters on the size and style you need.

You can go to local tailor and clothing shops and make any style you want or re-make to anything. While clothes boughts once from Online cannot be replaced with other style. Like you need to change buttons, or add something. And not impossible with size.

One thing I notice is the colours that may alter. These are computer graphic colors not real colors. Colours shown in computers or any video may alter to real life colous. Like you have old black shirt and when you capture and save it in your computer. It may look completely black.

Are they ready to make any size you want? Do they do replacement service? If yes, this affects their home delievery charge. This is like tailoring to your clothes. Anyways nice concept but I also doubt of working this concept. Many country still have slow internet connection. Can they handle this?

12. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh I think this is not going to work because when my sister goes to buy something she tries it first herself and then looks up to mirror till ten minutes and then takes decision.Oh not only she i suppose we all take decision in the same way.And when it matters to clothes it becomes sometime a matter of thought that virtually it is better to take.Because many brands differ in sizes that does not at all mean that we stop buying from net , but develop a trusted brand and be selective.And as far as this software is concerned then it will not come to any use.I believe so.

13. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've got to say this has to be one of the most innovative things I've ever seen created on the web. I mean, let's be real. A lot of things that are purchased online have to do somewhat with clothing. Now there is a way you can try out clothes right at your home? See how it looks, and decide to buy. That's a great. Wait, no I'm undermining it, THAT IS AN EXCELLENT way to bring forth not only more customers but customer service in general.

I'm sure the company has patented the idea, and I promise you other companies are going to want a piece of this as well. They'll have to pay a nice hefty fee in order to even use something similar to it.
    Wow, is really all I can say.

14. trekker

trekker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's be brilliant if in the future online shops have that application and should of course be accurate! I'm not sure as to the accuracy of the sizes of the clothes and how it measures against the size of the person.

15. mine210

mine210
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow what a brilliant idea. I'm also always hesitant to buy clothes at any online store on the net. With these new idea I'm willing to try and buy clothes online now.

16. ginahinderliter

ginahinderliter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is one the coolest things I've seen in awhile

17. hello264

hello264
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent! Good idea but I like to shop in Department store.

18. smithwalker

smithwalker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very informative post. Please keep up this process updating.

19. walterlouis

walterlouis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is great software.

20. Ocean Archer

Ocean Archer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

is smithwalker a spam-bot? He brought back a 3 year old thread with a generic post...