Traveling is fun!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by TimB, May 8, 2013.

1. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey All, :)

I came back after a long time; I missed talking to you all. Anyway, I have a small adventure to share. I just came back from summer vacation and it was fun!
    It was a simple plan to visit my friend in Dubai. So I was all packed and set to go. It was a wonderful flight, when I reached the place I got to know that my friend had some urgent work and he was not in Dubai and that we would be back in 5 days, so all my budgeting went to waste. I had limited resources to survive the initial 5 days plus I had no place to stay.

I was worried at first but then I got a car on rent and did slept in it for 5 days. This Adventure was the best one! I will never forget it.

What do you say is traveling fun?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome back Tim. What was it like sleeping in a car in Dubai, I would imagine it was very hot.

3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes travelling is a lot of fun.every year i got to new places in december and on travelling i get to know the cultures,lifestyles of the people and the beautiful spots of that place along with new experiences.

4. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmm sometime. If you travelling alone some times bore. But with the friends? Yes is having fun. I travel so many place alone n with groups. So i like travelling.

5. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like to travel to hilly areas . Its real fun and enjoyment.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually learn something after a travel like the history of the place and they do things..do you blog about your travel?

7. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Tim. I'm also back here at BAF. I assume that you still had a good sleep for those five days. Have you ever tried visiting the Burj Khalifa--the tallest building in the world? What places in Dubai makes your trip unforgettable? Travelling on places you've never been before might be considered fun, but as they say "its not the destination makes the travelling memorable, its the people you have during those trips." I want to try visiting places out of the country by myself. I want to experience my flexibility and coping abilities on absorbing cultures and differences and I think that'll be fun.

8. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal and guys Thanks for the RE-WELCOME :)

And yes sleeping in car was fun and something new! Its not recommended to sleep like that ..... but in emergency cases its a good place to sleep.
    I did visit a lot of nice places. And I will mention places which i haven't seen in the world. First was Dubai it self, no one can say that its an artificially developed in a freaking desert! Secondly various variety of sky high buildings (I wonder how they made them in the soft sand), than the malls and shopping centers (Low prices - extreme value) and last but not the least amusement and resorts!!

In short it was a magnificent stay!

9. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not yet but I am planning to make a blog for my travelings ... I think It will be fun to share your personal experiences with people!