Translation business

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nigelplaner, Jul 16, 2010.

1. nigelplaner

nigelplaner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have started new translation business. I want to do SEO for it. Please somebody suggest how to do SEO for it. I also want to know how many languages to add and what are the marketing strategies for the same.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum nigelplaner. Would you mind sharing a link to your site, so that we can give you specific suggestions?

Wouldn't that depend on the number of languages you can translate? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Your questions is very broad and there have been books written on the subject of SEO, you can start by looking through the useful info on SEO in our Featured Threads.

A good start would be to find forums and blogs visited by your potential customers. Then start making helpful posts / comments at these sites and include a link back to your site in your signature / profile.

3. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should add as many as Google has: http://translate.google.com

The best marketing strategies for your site is mainly going around in multicultural forums, placing links in your signature, where there will be a different nationality userbase where they can utilize a translation service.

4. hartford10

hartford10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually it is a service of SEO provided by many companies. It is just for raising the rank of your website. It is one of the marketing stratergy. You will easily get on web.

5. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the more languages the better. What concerns SEO for your translation business, the best promotion will be your satisfied clients and previous projects performed (of course, successfully). And a good and user-friendly web site.

6. transpanish

transpanish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal, you should ONLY add the languages you will be translating and do not use an automatic translation tool to translate the content. The website should be translated by a professional translator and proofread by a native speaker of the target language.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm in this field too for quite some years. How many languages depend on how many languages you are expert, never try to offer more just to show your company is big, it will harm your image in future if you can provide the quality translation
    You can actually make a company website and show some sample. Also, you can consider to get project from freelancer site

8. vijendroy

vijendroy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agree with DavidL there you have to get many language translation and for SEO you have to contact SEO service provider which is best in the industry

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

translation software can never provide quality translation. Manual translation is always the best
    It sames happen on the article rewrite software, it never beat manual writing