Transgering Money To India

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by dahlia84, Feb 18, 2010.

1. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I am back after a long time wanting to seek an advice from the experts in here -

I want to receive money from my client in USA to here in India. How can I do it? The amount to be transferred is between 200 and 300 USD.

1. I have Paypal but I am afraid. What if the user Reverses the transaction soon after he paid for it after receiving my service? What are all the scenarios under which a Buyer can reverse the payment?

2. I have an a/c with the ICICI bank (ICICIbank.com) in India. Can I ask the client to credit the money directly to my a/c? In that case what will be the Exchange Rate Fee? Where can I see that?

Thanks!

2. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now paypal is not receive money
    but there is some problem going on in paypal india

Best thing you can do now is ask for client to do wire transfer

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome back dahlia84, good to see you again. I'd suggest that you give ICICI bank a quick call and ask them what charges would apply, if your client was to wire the money to you.

Also, have you considered Western Union? They are a very convenient service for transferring money between countries. You could contact your local agent to determine what fees would apply.

4. bistones

bistones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Western Union is a good choice.

5. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WU is good for the seller but most buyer won't agree to that option as the buyer has zero guarantees. Best would be for you to try MB. Its really safe compared to PP.

6. sirajrasul

sirajrasul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, some problem in paypal, you can use moneybooker for money transfer

7. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome dahlia84 back again to BusinessAdviceForum.

Paypal:

Why would the person reverse the payment? I believe you need to very clear if the person is trusted for the issue you're doing. I believe you don't need to worry about the payment in paypal as long as the payer is trusted and promising.

ICICI Bank:

I too agree that sending funds at ICICI Bank would be worthful and more safe than paypal. Why don't you ask them directly about the fees that would be charged to this transaction. Make sure the person is paying on time, and as soon as you hear that your account has been funded then you can withdraw and do anything.