Traffic is everything!

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by e-bus.org, Jan 5, 2013.

1. e-bus.org

e-bus.org
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I’ve shown a lot of things about how to create your website and how to sell your products and other people products on my posts but today I’m going to discuss something different and very important as well. If you create an excellent website with a beautiful design and great contents and simply everything is perfect but the result is zero! So you will ask yourself what is wrong? The answer for this question is you don’t have any visitors!

If you just create your website and think that search engines will do the rest for you and bring a high traffic to your website easily that is mean you won’t gain anything. There are millions of websites on the internet but what makes just a few of them work well is they have a great contents which solve problems for people or give them good information about some topics and they have a high traffic as well!

So how could you make a high traffic for your website? I will show you some tips and leave the rest to you!

Build great backlinks to your website:

I would explain this in a simple way. Backlinks simply mean where your website link can be founded on other websites. So if you post some topics in different forums and type your website URL at the end of the topics this is mean you are making backlinks to your website. Backlinks are very important because they make your website receive a high rank and appear on the first page of search engines result.

Choose good keywords:

Keywords are the way to have a great traffic to your website. If you write an article about how to learn computer programming you can then use some keywords like: computer programming, software, C++, vb.net, etc and that will help search engines to locate your article so when someone type a phrase “computer programming” your article could appear to him because you have the same keyword for your article.

If you use a WordPress blog in your website you can then choose an SEO plugin to help you build a good keywords to your blog. I would recommend All-In-One-SEO plugin and you can found it on wordpress.org. when you use an SEO plugin you will find a space to type your keywords. Before you choose any keyword it’s better to examine it first, so you can use Google keyword tool:

https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool

You can enter your keyword and choose the country and the language and then press search. Google will show you the number of monthly searcher for this keyword and also the competition rate for it. So you have to choose some keywords with a high monthly searcher number and a low competition rate to get a perfect result.

Social networks:

If you share your new posts on your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc accounts that is good but not enough. What you have to do is to use some social plugins to make it possible for your website visitors to share the posts with their friend as well. That will give you a good traffic and will help you building your backlinks.

Create a free product or service:

If you make a good e-book for example and share it on your website for free that will help you to get a good traffic especially if your book solve a serious problem for people. You can think of anything to give for free on your website because this is really helpful in making traffic.

Advertisements and paid traffic:

Advertisements is a foolproof method to get traffic. You can advertise your website on Google Adwords or Facebook or wehre ever you want but this way is really costly. You can also get some paid traffic and there are many websites which give you this service at a reasonable price.

http://e-bus.org/2012/12/traffic-is-everything/

2. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I disagree with your statement about traffic being everything. The term "traffic" isn't specific enough. Traffic by itself means nothing for a website unless that traffic is coming from the right kind of people.

If you want some proof and an explanation of what I am talking about, just read this thread here on this forum - http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php/43960-12-000-Visitors-and-No-Sales

That is a perfect example that you can get lots of traffic to a website and still not make any money with the website. Traffic by itself is not the answer. You need much more than that.

You need people who are willing to buy what you sell. You need to offer them something that they would be willing to buy. Plus you need to gain their trust. If you don't do all three then you don't make money with an eCommerce site.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pet09

Pet09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic and and qualified traffic are two different aspects of SEO. Getting traffic is not enough if you have no sales.

4. jamest09

jamest09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agree, traffic is everything!

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would you mind telling us why you agree with it James?

6. e-bus.org

e-bus.org
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this statement summarise my idea: If you create an excellent website with a beautiful design and great contents and simply everything is perfect but the result is zero!

When I said traffic is everything I mean it's everything if you have a good website with great contents and I didn't mean that you should generate traffic for nothing :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrianMitchell1

BrianMitchell1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ofcourse you are right. I totally agree and thanks for giving good ideas as I am new here.

8. khaleel

khaleel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on what type of traffic, There are people who can just use traffic exchange sites all the time for their website but have no other traffics that they have no generated organic traffic and those tend to not generate any good attention or revenue as most would put it. Don't get me wrong there are sites that do it successfully but are the lucky ones as this method doesn't work all the time.

9. p.hoss

p.hoss
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Traffic is everything! But here one thing should be added and it should be "Quality Traffic" is everything for online success.
    Quality Traffic- A traffic who is very near to be your customer.

10. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's the quality of traffic that is everything. There are plenty of services around offering huge amounts of traffic, but it's pointless relevant traffic. They're traffic spammers; they really just waste your website's bandwidth.

What you want is high quality traffic from real people specifically looking for your content.

11. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I believe in sale a product. If traffic is increase than my product will be sale n if my traffic is less n also my product is sale. Than traffic is every things.... But hear is only worked only Quality of traffic is every thing... Some traffic is also can be spammer. That traffic can't help you to increase your sales....

Thanks.

12. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well said. There are lots people selling junk traffic. Not worth the $$

13. pankajspyindia

pankajspyindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am also agree with my fellow member point of views traffic is useless unless your website have quality information.

14. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree partly on the statement "Traffic is everything". Well, you know it's quite useful if you have Google ads published in your site. And The traffic needs to be real, Nowadays we have fake traffic; robots; software traffic.

15. worldarticle

worldarticle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

The traffic is worth for every website. Regarding this recent update , a good and unique content only can increase your traffic. So, content is king and concentrate on this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. spyindiaa

spyindiaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes traffic is not every thing if u have no quality information ,,, and the visitors never come back for ur site......

17. douglas22

douglas22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic is important but it should be qualified. If you have any ecommerce site then you want number of buyers, not visitors.

18. james8

james8
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let me put it this way, Traffic is necessary but traffic itself is not sufficient, the traffic which convert to sales is.

19. rhw_87

rhw_87
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm agree. But in my point of view. With a good traffic its also mean the probably to get a buyer increase to right? Even if the traffic we have isn't 'quality traffic'

20. iggypop

iggypop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is true targeted traffic is everything but remember in a cause-effect relationship, traffic is the effect; so focus on the right triggers (causes) and you will reap the reward.