Track online activity in company?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by berdi, Oct 28, 2011.

1. berdi

berdi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to track how much time is spent in my company on websites that are not related to work. Is there a free software that can do that and what is your opinion about monitoring of employees internet activity?

2. Dehania

Dehania
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you think that's to much time spent on internet instead of working then you have the reason to do that but you must tell your employees that they activity will be monitored.
    This app is free - http://www.goldlimiter.com/internet-monitor

3. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perhaps you are trying to know how much time your employees usually spent on FaceBook in office hours. A lot of companies worried about the massive usage of these kind of sites, but this isn't a problem as form my point of view. In my opinion, why employees are not taking interest in their work is the real concern issue. Look if you restrict them to browse those sites which they like most; they will find other resources like their smart phones.

So you don't be so harsh about their browsing, but make sure if someones performance goes down due to unofficial browsing, then you need to warn them.

However, I am not a management expert, but according to my experience sometimes more freedom helps to increase productive and sometimes it affects negatively. After all it depends on how mature your employees are.

Anyway, the given url by Dehania seems good for you.

4. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many programs out there that can help you monitor and track your employees browsing history. You can also set up a program which allows certain computers at work to access certain sites while others won't be able to. You can also set up a time frame on certain sites that allow users to only access them for a certain amount. So say your employees are wasting time on different sites, you can allow them to do that for a certain amount of time, until it blocks their access.