Toyota Ideas for Good

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by James Fanscape, Apr 13, 2011.

1. James Fanscape

James Fanscape
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone! I'm helping Toyota let the small business community know about Ideas for Good, Toyota's latest program to make five ideas inspired by Toyota technology a reality! If you found Toyota's TV spots proposing the idea of using Toyota technology to build ventilated tents for relief workers intriguing, you'll definitely want to check out the finalists' ideas and see how Toyota helped bring the medical tent idea to life:

[YOUTUBE]BTlUmzV4dSE[/YOUTUBE]

To check out the finalists and vote for the idea you think can do the most good for the world, head over here:

http://www.toyota.com/ideas-for-good

Let me know if you have any questions - thanks for your time!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a great video, that shows a very interesting and positive approach to innovation, thanks for sharing it with us.

It's difficult to see where exactly to vote for that idea, on the site you link to?

3. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Toyota is a great company because of its innovations and aspiration for innovations...today it is one of the most important steps to success. I hope that new Toyota Rav-4 will be great!

4. James Fanscape

James Fanscape
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your kind responses - glad you liked the video and Toyota's Ideas for Good campaign! To clarify, the video showing the medical tent isn't a finalist - just an example of the type of non-automotive uses people found for Toyota's technology. To check out the actual nominated submissions and vote for your favorites, head over to the Ideas For Good site:

http://www.toyota.com/ideas-for-good

If you click on the "Vote Now" button at the top of the page (it's in between "Home" and "Ideas Made Real"), you'll be taken to a page listing all the nominees and their ideas; to vote, just click on the blue "Vote Now" button which appears after you click on an individual nominee. If you have any other questions, just let me know - thanks again!

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The site looks great, but honestly it doesn't feel very user-friendly. For example when I click on the Vote Now page I can see that one of the finalists is "Build a better bicycle helmet" but it's not very easy to find the video of that idea from that page, in order to learn more about it and see if it's worth voting for.