tour package business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by daytrader, Mar 1, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm thinking of tour package business this time since i'm blogging about travel. I receive several inquiries about this even when i don't actually provide tour packages. so maybe it will be profitable.

I will need tour guide and a bus driver, and then the tour packages with its venues and prices to pay when foreigners avail.
    what are the don'ts and dos of this kind of business? :D

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For early stage, you can forward those enquiry to tour agency and ask for commission. From there, you will know what is the conversion rate, hot hours, season tour, and package offer.

The profit sharing planning begin from 10%, and slowly grow up to 100%, which yourself own the entire business.

• Like Like x 1
  3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

how do I go about telling them that they won't treat me as a competitor?

4. AshleyWhiteBusin

AshleyWhiteBusin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just present a business plan to them. Present it in a nice way. Give them something that will benefit them of course.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you look in deep, you can get someone travel agency within your friends circle or friends of friends etc. So approach them and get the details. Or simple get in touch with major website like makemytrip.com or yatra.com or clear trip.com and join with them as agents.

• Like Like x 1
  6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Show them are you interest to share commission with them, more likely a partnership business. Real competitor never share commission.

• Like Like x 1