Top Ways to Build a social media Presence

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by veritasvisions, Aug 21, 2015.

1. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's important to take into account where the attention is but also to keep up to date with all the new channels. Here are some of the channels i think are the most effective in order for me.

1) Twitter
    2) Linked in
    3) LIve streaming broadcasts--look in my signature to know these mediums

What do you guys think? I am in a b2b business by the way

2. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The great thing about Facebook, Twitter and many other platforms is that you can view your business’s analytics for free! This is a great resource. It lets you see what’s working, and what needs to be tweaked. It’s all in the numbers, and numbers are a great starting point. Not every contest, or campaign you run is going to be 100% successful, but by using analytics you can review, reflect, and revise for future use. If you are goal oriented, monitoring these statistics can be addictive. Once your brand starts to grow, and you find that sweet spot you can only go up from there.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. firsttender

firsttender
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to build social media presence then you need to create community and groups and share some interesting content for showing the availability. You can use Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter and many more social sites.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess it is Facebook that is most effective, at least in this part of the world and this local culture I am coming from. Social media here is hot where the users are dynamic. It is common for them to make several posts in one day so that is a good venue for promoting something. But you have to take care of your connections, meaning you should post regularly so they can follow you and remember you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jannie carter

jannie carter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest to first understand the business requirement and than the customers behavior. Because having a social media presence means you have to build a network and communicate with you potential customers. Anyhow for some business like B2B only selected social media platforms seems give successful return. whereas for the B2C almost all the social media platform tend to drive traffic. B2B being a very professional way of networking, social media networks like Facebook are less rewarded, but professional networks like Linkedin are highly rewarded.

Same like social media the entire digital media strategy for business depends on number of factors. I found this report on mastering the digital marketing structure & strategy at best practices website. There are few more reports on digital marketing which might help in getting more in depth knowledge on the topic

• Like Like x 1
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media can be a two way thing. Without a sound business plan and website, you won't generate interest, and without a social media page, the interest you do get will be limited.

The way I'd go about it is, first you get a dynamic website that people will be interested in. Then create a Facebook page (for example) and start building your community. Hopefully enough people will then spread the word, and if your site is good enough, then the rest of the work will be done for you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. campbelljof

campbelljof
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you’re serious about growing a more engaged following. You have to learn how to focus your efforts, boost engagement, monitor your progress and ultimately start seeing real growth.
    • Get to know your audience
    • Identify when your audience is most active
    • Help people instead of selling to them
    • Focus on building real relationships
    • Engage, engage and engage some more
    • Go visual and get more traction
    • Monitor your progress with the right tools and find what really works

• Like Like x 1
    #7 campbelljof, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  8. Master

Master
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agreeable with you that analytic is a very powerful tool. Giving flexibility & strength of monitoring & analysing your plan and strategy.

9. Abhilasha

Abhilasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media presence is very important for your enterprise events and to explore new heights.Some common ways are to be active, keep updating, strong content base, follow & like with frequency, hence these are the golden rules, try it and you will get positive results. Other members have also suggested you the same.

10. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm surprised that you didn't include facebook on your list. I am thinking that it is one of the effective sites when it comes to social media presence.

11. Emma Wilson

Emma Wilson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree to Kitchie, facebook must be included and it alone can help to get maximum business to business links if you know how to reach them. Also you can use business listing websites to get bussiness to business addresses.

12. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not surprised that Facebook is not on your top list of channels but it would be better to use other possible platforms to broaden the website's influence and as other way to reach your targeted audience. Build reputation from the targeted users in different mediums and engagement with them.

13. Emma Wilson

Emma Wilson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What other platforms you think are good

14. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aside from Twitter and linked that was stated above platforms like Pinterest because this nowadays this medium is really in demand when it comes to social media presence as well as Tumblr due to growing members of this site there are so many people with different fields are preferring this website for targeting their audience.

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really believe that Facebook should be on the top of your list. It's the most popular social media platform out there, and we all know that billions of people around the world utilize this site, so if you're talking about social media presence, Facebook is a go-to site. Anyway, yes, as much as you can, advertise/promote your business on various social networking sites. Make the best out of the internet and take advantage of its perks. :)

16. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like th is commment. It's so true

17. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea, i agree. I just want to build the other platforms in the best way i can first.

18. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it's a combination of a few things. I may start doing facebook advertising but for now, because i am in a b2b market, i want to focus on linked in and twitter.

19. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you but i still think facebook could work

20. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okay, thanks for the clarification @veritasvisions ..