Top ways to become a top salesperson

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by bytrade001, Mar 24, 2011.

1. bytrade001

bytrade001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to you find a super salesperson that can take your remodeling business to the next level? It's not always easy to spot such a person by looking at his or her resume. In fact, one-third of today's sales stars had no prior sales experience at all

following ways to be a top salespeople

Do you want it badly enough? The most fundamental barrier human beings have to their personal success is their own insecurities or lack of self-confidence. So ask yourself how badly you want it. How much are you willing to sacrifice to reach your goal? What are my peers or competitors doing that I am not doing? What are my strengths and weaknesses? What can I do to improve myself? Do I have any bad habits? By answering these questions you give yourself motivation to succeed in your quest to become a top salesperson.

Look the part, act the part. Have you ever seen a sloppy salesperson? Have you ever seen a salesperson with mismatched clothes? If you have, then they probably were not very successful. You have to power dress to give yourself a confident aura. Being properly dressed also makes you look much more presentable to current and future business partners.
    Global B2B buy sell website: http://www.bytrade.com
    They say clothes make a man, but personality plays a large function as well. Get enough sleep and groom yourself well before an important meeting to show your professionalism and your outgoing personality will shine. When a confident person enters a room for the first time, you do get the impression that person is confident.

Practice, practice, practice. Think about all of your experiences in sales and glean lessons from each of them. Find out what works and continue doing it. There is always something to be learned, both from successes and failures.

Whenever you have a big presentation or a client meeting, imagine the scenario beforehand and practice! By anticipating future scenarios, you will be much more confident during the actual session. And as a bonus, should your practiced scenarios occur, you will be much more self-assured when answering questions and addressing problems.

Be positive and enthusiastic. Do not shy away from a challenge. Be excited for every opportunity to practice your sales skills. Visualize yourself making the deal. Imagine yourself succeeding. People who think optimistically perform much better and have better things to look forward to than people who think negatively.

Stay updated. Keep abreast of the latest sales and marketing trends. The world is changing every day, as such methods used yesterday may not be as effective or cost-efficient as the ones used today. Be ahead of the game. Compare yourself regularly with your competitors. Analyze where you can succeed and where they went wrong so you will not repeat their mistakes.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Moved to Articles & Tutorials section!]