Top SEO Tips to Increase Your Website Traffic

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bistones, Feb 21, 2010.

1. bistones

bistones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Extensive Keyword Research
    SEO starts with a solid keyword research and sorting. Most of the SEO professionals are impatient and always in a hurry to implement their ideas.
    Well, that keeps them revising their SEO Services efforts and eventual loss of time and traffic. Keyword research for effective SEO results needs a lot of patience and intelligent calculations. Above all you should be using the best possible tools to perform keyword research for a strong search engine optimization.
    For example Google Keyword Tool, Google Insight and Google Suggestions. You will get the exact number of monthly searches on Google Keyword Tool. Here is what you should do then;
    a) Download them in an excel sheet.
    b) Find out your kind of keywords (that match your website content and products).
    c) Sort them by daily searches.
    d) Collect the best ones for the Home and do similar calculations for the other important internal pages.

2. Original and Optimized Content
    SEO based content writing is the best element on a live web page. Both, search engine crawlers and human beings love to read original and effective content filled with useful information. However; there has to be an efficient use of SEO content writing techniques as well. A smart and optimized content contains the right balance of the keywords used throughout the content. Usually it should be 5% to 6%.
    a) Use two to three keywords in the whole content.
    b) Start the content with the most important keyword and end it with the same keyword.

3. Web Page Optimization
    Search Engine Crawler reads only the HTML of the web-page and so it must be properly optimizes to guide the crawlers to the right areas and content of the website. Put the keywords in Title, Description and Add more keywords in the keywords area. Do not forget to put H1 to H6 using the keywords. Alt Tags must be placed on the images wherever possible.

4. Article Syndication
    Write articles and Press releases about your website, it`s products and services. Submit the articles into as many article submission and press releases into major press releases websites. Do not forget to leave anchor texts so that readers can come to your website as well.
    This practice is easy and very effective. It helps the website gets crawled by the search engines within two days which reinforces the natural ranking of the website.If you leave anchor texts for the internal pages as well then you can expect to get your website`s internal pages caches (known to search engines). This boosts the website`s presence even more.

5. Social Bookmarking
    It is very important to be a highly actively involved into social bookmarking activities. Join all the major Social Bookmarking websites like dig, delicious etc. Bookmark your own articles and press releases over there, make friends and share your bookmarks.
    Social bookmarking websites are very well optimized and are cached by search engines everyday. If your website`s content, link etc is bookmarked over there then you can expect your website to get cached by Google within twenty four hours as well.

Try the above mentioned SEO ideas in your daily SEO work and experience the change in the results yourself.

2. saracriss

saracriss
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice information, but i would like to say that this totally basic, there are hundred more tips u could mention here

3. leeburstroghm

leeburstroghm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about a solution like webceo or IBP. Anyone used these yet for SEO?

#3 leeburstroghm, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
  4. cathleen

cathleen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many webmasters believe that in-house SEO can be cost-effective and hiring any SEO company can’t be more beneficial for their marketing purpose. But the fact is if you are hiring SEO services for your SEO campaign, you get the advantage of experienced SEO experts working for you. Your online marketing is a critical part of your online business and you may come across myriads of problems related to SEO. Hence you need to select the best SEO company that can understand your marketing goals and work for a successful SEO campaign. There are several problems that your SEO service provider can solve.Is Your Website Content Worthless?There is no exact definition of worthless website content. But if your content is not relevant to your services and doesn’t contain the target keyword of your website, there is no use of such content. Actually, it is the content through which you can attract your visitor, compel them to turn into buyers, or make them return to your website. Again, it is the content that can represent your services and make them stand out among your competitors. With several advantages associated with your website content, there is no harm in spending money on professional copy writing services.

5. btsuccess

btsuccess
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Thanks for your guide. This is a very useful step by step guide to how do a keyword research. IBP, in our opinion, is one of the most powerful tool.

6. ronalde.barron

ronalde.barron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read you post its really helpful, and really great information shared. I will sure help to newbie of SEO employee.

7. John Anghelache

John Anghelache
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great info if you want to go the SEO route.

But here's something interesting I found out this
    week while doing some research for a project.

Search Engine traffic only accounts for about 20% of
    the available online traffic. Yet the gurus would have
    you think without SEO or PPC you can't get website
    visitors.

On the other hand, Networks account for about 80% of
    online traffic.

I've personally found SEO to be tedious or not worth
    the expense of hiring out.

Then again, a friend of mine told me one of his clients
    drives 100% of his traffic with articles that boost his
    page ranks. I just think SEO is a lot of work with a lot
    of wasted time for the effort.

-- John Anghelache

8. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IBP is a great tool, especially if you want to learn about SEO, improve your own site, or advise customers easily about their own sites with relation to their competitors.

I love the process of SEO because it is a strategy and a system that can be very reproducibly repeated.

I don't know that I'd say SEO is a waste of time even thought there are other traffic sources and networks, because it is part of a bigger picture process or formula.

If you don't know your market then SEO is almost pointless. If you don't know the keyword to attract targeted buyers again it can be worthless. If you have a poor quality site without clear, converting content then the SEO and traffic efforts will be wasted anyway.

I have a number of well optimised sites which have been incredibly beneficial for customers dominating local business searches. Their business ranks at the top, is the first business listing and outranks many of the directory type sites so they are getting just over 50% of their visits directly from search engines. I wouldn't want them losing that especially as within 2 weeks one has gone from no traffic to 50 or more visitors a day - viewing on average 3-4 pages and hanging around for a few minutes each.

SEO has to be used sensibly as part of a bigger strategy and I cannot emphasise strongly enough the importance of testing and analytics in that strategy.

A lot of the SEO tasks can be outsourced but I think of it as building a web around my site, including using web2.0 to create pages linking to my pages and not only backlinks to my money site but to my web 2.0 sites, pointing to my sites. Video is a great SEO tool and you should be leveraging one quality article into about 6 to 10 unique pieces of content.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very interesting, I've heard SEO providers claim the opposite of that, i.e. that 80% of traffic comes from search engines. When I think of the websites that I visit most and spend most of my time on, they have one thing in common, I heard about them through word of mouth communication. I didn't find them through a search engine. Saying that, when consumers are looking to purchase something, they will often search for it on Google and purchase it from a site they find there.

When you say "Networks" are you referring to social networking sites?

10. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Knowing SEO, it's not really an overnight job. It must be performed with the right techniques (i.e. quality, relevant and uniqueness of the website's contents) and precise approach/attitude (i.e. committing yourself to the process itself, requires a long-term commitment, much of your efforts and patience). In the long run, it's still yourself which could benefit from the fruits of the efforts you've endowed.

I think he was referring to social media networks and all of these competing sites viable for optimizing process.

11. John Anghelache

John Anghelache
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, I'm talking about advertising networks. You can buy
    either banner ads, or text ads etc. You can also choose specific
    websites to place your banners or text ads on.

These have nothing to do with social media sites. Which, again,
    seem to be a big waste of time overall.

The nice thing about these networks is you can target sites
    serving specific markets. One well placed banner or text ad
    could result in hundreds - even thousands of website visitors -
    practically overnight.

-- John Anghelache

12. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have found different things work in different niches. I also would rather most often have all traffic sources working effectively as it increases sales. Again though in some markets there are some SEO strategies which do not provide a ROI - so I do analytics and tests to see what is working, where and how - then capitalise.

Different markets, different niches, different results. As my IM mentor says "its all BS until you test!"

13. schrewkathy

schrewkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well i have been using quite a few of those tips and i must that they are pretty effective, and even social networking sites are also very effctive in generating traffic for the sites.

14. mickeyy

mickeyy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good points. Some ideas would bring both traffic as well as enhanced SEO ranks. For example, when you write and then submit articles to the main directories, although the links might not be that powerful but a lot of clicks and page visits could be expected. The SEO projects on the other hand would lead to some powerful web rankings and organic search results because some link building packages would be used. Addition of fresh contents as mentioned is a key since a lot of people would be visiting the websites.