Top Product Reviews (my new website)

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by mtwheeler03, Jul 11, 2012.

1. mtwheeler03

mtwheeler03
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello everyone,

i just put together a very unique website that can be found here : topproductreviews.host-ed.me

On this website i am going to be reviewing a bunch of different free and paid money making websites so if your interested on making money online be sure to check out and bookmark this site.

I already have 3 reviews up there so be sure to check them out.

any feedback on the website is appreciated.

this is my first website so if you have any tips please feel free to share.

Thanks

2. Success Happens

Success Happens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there; I just went to check out your new website to have a look and it won't launch? Would you confirm your URL, please ...

3. Success Happens

Success Happens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, dear... it came up... sorry about that, I guess my connection was being extremely slow...

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have a couple of issues, beginning with the name. "Top Product Reviews" says nothing about the type of product being reviewed. "Product" covers a wide variety of things, and you don't want people coming to your site thinking they can find a review of, for instance, a refrigerator or mp4 player. You would have to make sure you market the website properly.
    The other issue I have is that the reviews are less than a month old. In order to determine whether or not these marketing tools and programs are worth investing in, they would have to be reviewed over a much longer period of time. Right now, they sound more like hype than a review.
    As far as the site itself, it looks good, but I would suggest moving the category list on the category pages so that it is easier to find. I kept going back to the home page to viit each category, until I found the category list on the bottom right side of the page. I haven't yet analyzed i from an SEO point-of-view(my area of expertise), but I can if you wish.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mtwheeler03

mtwheeler03
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello joeroxx,

i appreciate your honest and i want to thank you.

i edited my site up a little bit and i tried to tone down the hype, i'm also thinking about reviewing products such as clothing or watches or something physical.

I would love if you would analyze it from an SEO standpoint... i'm actually interested in seo and im going to try to use that as one of my tactics with this website.

thanks

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although you would have to pay for a comprehensive SEO analysis, I was able to have a preliminary analysis done on your home page. You received a score of 53% out of a possible 100%. Some of the problems include not enough content, too much duplicate content, images missing ALT text, and problems with linking structure. I noticed that yur Title Tag sounds more like a slogan than a Title, when it should include one or two of the phrases you want to get ranked for. I lso noticed the capsule reviews for each program ar repeated at least three times on the interior pages of the website.
    Getting away from the SEO analysis, I noticed you added another program. Like the others, your "review" of this program sounds more like hype than a review. Your website seems more like an advertisement to get people to join your downline in these programs. In order to give an unbiased, impartial review, you need to include your experiences over a period of time. For instance, in the DotComSecrets review, you said you made five sales. What about your second, or third, month? Is the rate of sales sustainable? Also, in the CashCrate review, you said that members can receive a check after making $20. Have you made $20 yet? How long did it take, and how many times have you done it? What, in detail, did you do to make whatever money you made? I could go on, but you get the idea. In order to gain more readers, you need to establish trust, and that takes time.
    If someone were to establish a website that reviews the reviewer, what would they say about you?

• Like Like x 1
  7. mtwheeler03

mtwheeler03
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the response i appreciate all feedback... i've went back and edited my freesportsbet review to make it more personal... i'm planning on redoing most of my reviews to make them less salesy. i'm trying to make this the best website i can possibly make and i cant do that without user feedback. so thanks again and keep checking back for more updates i just put a video review section up on my website.

check it out here: http://topproductreviews.host-ed.me/top-product-video-reviews/

8. mtwheeler03

mtwheeler03
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i disguised it thanks for the advice...i need tips like this to become succesful

• Like Like x 1