Top Five SEO Tips to Increase Website Traffic

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Hansh, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Hansh

Hansh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Extensive Keyword Research

SEO starts with a solid keyword research and sorting. Most of the SEO professionals are impatient and always in a hurry to implement their ideas.

Well, that keeps them revising their SEO Services efforts and eventual loss of time and traffic. Keyword research for effective SEO results needs a lot of patience and intelligent calculations. Above all you should be using the best possible tools to perform keyword research for a strong search engine optimization.

For example Google Keyword Tool, Google Insight and Google Suggestions. You will get the exact number of monthly searches on Google Keyword Tool. Here is what you should do then;

a) Download them in an excel sheet.
    b) Find out your kind of keywords (that match your website content and products).
    c) Sort them by daily searches.
    d) Collect the best ones for the Home and do similar calculations for the other important internal pages.

2. Original and Optimized Content

SEO based content writing is the best element on a live web page. Both, search engine crawlers and human beings love to read original and effective content filled with useful information. However; there has to be an efficient use of SEO content writing technique s as well. A smart and optimized content contains the right balance of the keywords used throughou t the content. Usually it should be 5% to 6%.

a) Use two to three keywords in the whole content.
    b) Start the content with the most important keyword and end it with the same keyword.

3. Web Page Optimization

Search Engine Crawler reads only the HTML of the web-page and so it must be properly optimizes to guide the crawlers to the right areas and content of the website. Put the keywords in Title, Description and Add more keywords in the keywords area. Do not forget to put H1 to H6 using the keywords. Alt Tags must be placed on the images wherever possible.

4. Article Syndication

Write articles and Press releases about your website, it`s products and services. Submit the articles into as many article submission and press releases into major press releases websites. Do not forget to leave anchor texts so that readers can come to your website as well.

This practice is easy and very effective . It helps the website gets crawled by the search engines within two days which reinforce s the natural ranking of the website.I f you leave anchor texts for the internal pages as well then you can expect to get your website`s internal pages caches (known to search engines). This boosts the website`s presence even more.

5. Social Bookmarking

It is very important to be a highly actively involved into social bookmarking activities. Join all the major Social Bookmarking websites like dig, delicious etc. Bookmark your own articles and press releases over there, make friends and share your bookmarks .

2. sh02

sh02
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the great post and tips.

I would add that it is critical to also build quality backlinks as this is a major part of how google rank the authority of your site. It is also really important to submit your RSS feed to aggregators for even more link love.

I also think that as you mentioned quality, original content is critical (if not for google, for the readers). A place I use all the time to check if content I am using is original is copyscape.com...............and the best thing is it's free.

Another brilliant free service is socialmarker.com - it allows you to post to all you social accounts much quicker then normal (as it is a free service it can be a bit "buggy")..........but still saves loads of time.

Happy SEOing

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

sh02 do you use socialmarker.com yourself?

I just tried to use it to submit a link to our Twitter contest here on BAF. The first site it went to submit it to, was Propellor.com, I had to sign up with Propellor, because I didn't have an account there already. Then I got stuck on the Propellor page and I don't think the story was submitted anywhere else.

Do you need an account at everyone one of the social networking sites that they submit to?

4. cathleen

cathleen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion forums posting and social bookmarking are the best strategy of SEO and good for getting traffic.

5. sh02

sh02
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeh, I used to use socialmarker.com a lot, but have now changed to a paid automated system that also builds back links.

Yes you do. You need to create accounts at all the social sites you want to promote your stuff to. I used to only use the "top" account feature, which promotes to the best 15 sites........I also then submitted to stumbleupon . Also as the software is free it can be a bit "sticky" but I still found it saved me loads of time and once you have gone through the process once, it saves your passwords and is much quicker the second time.

Also I just went on the site and it seems they are having problems promoting to twitter.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for that sh02.

Can you please let me know which service you are using?

7. John Peterr

John Peterr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you had made a point of article and press release.

I want some clarification from the community members.

one article or press release can be submitted to how many article or PR sites?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As many as you can find, there are no other limitations.

9. sh02

sh02
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use traffic bug. It is a cool program, as it does bookmarking, RSS and directory submissions on automations.

Anyway check it out. I found a link that gives you a free 11 day trial of traffic bug.

Hope it helps.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for that sh02, it sounds good, I'm signing up for the 11 day trial now. I don't see a privacy policy on their site, are you confident that they don't spam?

11. maxcreigs

maxcreigs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Hansh,
    I read your entire post and all tips are great and very useful to gain traffic to your site. Here I am posting some more tips.
    - Register your URL with major search engines, directories and specialty sites, as well as select paid directories.
    - Use strategic home page content.
    - Use hyperlinks to further weight in-text keywords.
    - Encourage in-bound links from other relevant sites to your pages.
    - Add an integrated web log to your web site.

#11 maxcreigs, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  12. velsh

velsh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    Top Five SEO Tips to Increase Website Traffic

1. Extensive Keyword Research
    2. Original and Optimized Content
    3. Web Page Optimization
    4. Article Syndication
    5. Social Bookmarking

13. sh02

sh02
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been using the service for about 6 months now and have never had a problem. I would just suggest that you contorl your aggresion level. Do not run it on full blast.

14. lancemayer

lancemayer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used blogs in link building because you can control and it past for google crawling.

15. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also submit articles and press release content. On the content of your article on what we called the body you can put or insert your link there or website. It passed google crawling. Google detect also links not only the article content.

16. bascilikapeter

bascilikapeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well i agree those are the right ways to go... but the most important of them is the keyword research as the path ahead heaviliy deoends on it, so i believe its the most importnat part of SEO.

17. laaronblase

laaronblase
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase traffic to your website you have to do the following things: Social bookmarking, Directory submission, Article posting,keyword research, link building.

18. mickeyy

mickeyy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those 5 tips are really relevant for us to increase traffic. Probably avoid black hat method just like keyword stuffing and blog spamming beacause it really doesn't help. Properly optimizing your website pages to make them search engine friendly and it will greatly increase your organic traffic.

19. ShopDownLite

ShopDownLite
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey we can go for blog submissions and blog commenting too.

20. RayJones

RayJones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

social blogging or social promoting can be considered