Top blogging sites

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by Melissa Feeney, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

As we all know Article Submission is now not helping to increase the traffic and ranking of a website. So I am planning to focus more on Blog Submission. Other then Weebly, WordPress and Blogger, which are the best blogging sites?

Experts please share some blog submission sites, which gives Dofollow backlink.

2. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That won't help you either and this is the best advice anyone can give you on this matter.

Focus on connecting with other bloggers and influencers in your industry and publish engaging, relevant and informative articles. Try collaborating with other bloggers to publish articles on their blogs and gain exposure. Gone are the days when submitting websites or blogs produced fruitful results.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Prestonp is right, submitting your blog articles to blog submission sites will do more harm than good. Even guest blogging has fallen out of favor when used for ranking purposes. However, if you choose popular, top-quality blogs, if you are seen as an authority in your niche and if you can write very informative high-quality articles, you might be able to use guest blogging to increase your exposure and traffic. Unless you know exactly what you are doing and know exactly where to syndicate your articles, I would not recommend you try any website that sends your article to other sites.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your suggestion, I would further like to ask is Guest Posting is still helpful? As recently there were news that even Guest Posting is dead.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Yes, for SEO purposes, Guest posting is no longer a recommended practice. If, however, you want to increase exposure and/or traffic, you can use Guest Posting on high-quality sites, and your post must be informative and very well-written.

6. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joe is absolutely right. Use Guest Blogging to gain your website/brand/business some exposure and traffic, not backlinks. If you want to know which sites are high quality or who are influencers in your industry, then hit to twitter. See who is the most active person in your industry. Engage with those influencers. I do this regularly.

Guest blogging is not dead, and cannot be dead. Why? Check hubspot, most people are guest bloggers. Check Forbes, they have guest contributors too. Check Huffington, they do guest contribution. SearchEngineLand, MOZ and everyone is doing it. As Joe said, it's about being the authority in your niche.

What Matt Cutts said should be interpreted as "consider guest blogging dead, if you are doing it to get backlinks only".

7. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You've got some sound advices above. I myself am entering into guest blogging to gain traffic. I'm not into it for SEO. It's useless. Google will penalise you :(

Guest blogging on relevant sites with a good amount of traffic can still bring in lots of traffic. If your articles are good and people like it, your trust flow can increase and google likes it. Beware though, don't do it for link building. Do it for attracting readers. Because that's the only way people will like your website and in return increase your trust flow and finally get a thumbs up from google.

Also be active on social medias. Build relationships, share their content and ask them to share your content too. Google has started to look at the number of social shares to increase your authority too :)

Use google plus. It's google's own property and they give some weight to the posts shared on google plus. My posts shared on google plus ranks higher than my actual website post page :D

8. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe if you do article marketing in high pr article directories then it still helps but if your article is unique and written in high quality and the next thing is blogging is also useful tumbler, wordpress, weebly, jimdo are good for blogging

9. adrianlynch

adrianlynch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This will not help. Try to do guest postings on high profile blogs, only that will help. Sub domain blogs will sink you.

10. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just invest your time in building relationships with other bloggers, entrepreneurs, coaches and influencers within your niche related area. Do not invest all your efforts into google. Google keeps changing and you could go from a million traffic to a few hundred traffic within a very short time. The traditional ways of doing business is always safer :)

Google is just a series of phases when it comes to your business. If you have a lot of quality business networks, Google cannot even touch your hair :D

11. shivshakti

shivshakti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

let me make it very clear, there is nothing wrong in article submission, article marketing. You have to remember the way it should be done. All content marketing works, on sites rank, but you need to know where you stand and what to do. if you are just looking for websites, for the purpose of building links, then you are wrong. all you have to think of natural engagements, let it be anywhere, people should get engaged to a content that you produce is a success. :dunno:

12. JosephTramontana

JosephTramontana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Article submission was dead and now people are doing spamming on website like wordpress and blogger. If you write very engaging content then you can try that on niche guest posting site otherwise its wastage of your time to post it anywhere else.

13. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my experience and knowledge blog posting is still very successful for you if you posted it in right place and which is related to your niche ,i am giving you a site where you can find 100 plus site and i hope you can take advantage from it
    http://bit.ly/1D9rzXX

14. pry11

pry11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

New blogger and very confused how to move forward then this article could be a great help for you. As you know blogging is a vast subject and you have to work on different things at one time.

If you miss even one aspect of it then your blog could fail. Hence, you have to see that you are working on all the aspects of blogging. However, this could be a great challenge for a new blogger because his or her knowledge about the subject is very limited.
    These are the blogs that you must follow for successful blogging http://www.jobs8home.com/blogs-to-follow.htm

15. johnkca

johnkca
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Read all above,I am confused between article submission and blog commenting.Can you tell me which one helps faster?

#15 johnkca, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

"Article Submission" is when an article is submitted to a website for publication. In many cases, websites promise to send your article to many other sites, or offer the article to visitors to publish on their sites. This technique has been used to artificially inflate a website's link profile, and should no longer be used as a link building method. However, articles can still be submitted to networking sites as a method of reaching out to potential clients or customers, and as a reputation building technique.
    "Blog Commenting" is when readers of a blog express an opinion or clarify other information in a blog post in the section of a blog, immediately following each blog post, provided for that purpose. Blog comments are much shorter than an article, and are not meant to be published as articles themselves. These have also been abused by those wishing to artificially inflate a website's link profile and, like article submission, are no longer an accepted link building technique.

17. pry11

pry11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No this will not help you ,
    article submission at least can bring you some traffic but submitting blogs will not help you to generate traffic,
    Best way now a days is share, exchange blog post as guest blogger on top level sites
    This will definitely help you to bring some traffic on your website.

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Guest Blogging can help generate traffic if you submit only to high-quality blogs, and if you can write an authoritative, high-quality post. It is NOT, however, an accepted technique for link building for ranking purposes.

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.