Top 5 Wordpress SEO Tips

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by cesspadilla, Mar 29, 2012.

1. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know a lot of you are using wordpress as a platform for your websites. And I am a hundred percent sure that you love doing SEO with wordpress. Although there are some people that still struggles to do SEO using wordpress, so I searched for Top 5 Tips in SEO using wordpress [you can read more about it at http://codebabble.com/wordpress-tips/wordpress-seo-tips]:

1. Set up SEO-friendly permalinks
    IMO, this is one of the most important things that you should look into when doing SEO for wordpress. What I love about wordpress is that you can actually custom your URL straight from your add post screen.

2. Choose a SEO-friendly WordPress theme
    One of the things you should also look into is choosing a theme. Making sure that the theme is SEO-friendly will definitely make crawling much easier. Great Navigation should also be a must for your visitors to access deep pages.

3. Use robots.txt
    Like the author said, "WordPress creates certain directories that really don't need to be indexed by search engines." If you don't need or don't want that directory to be crawled, use robots.txt to disallow them from crawling.

4. Install WordPress Plugins
    IMO, you don't really need this if you don't want to. But installing a plugin may help you in promoting your website. Although the author of the article recommended Wordpress SEO, I recommend to use All-in-one-SEO pack and Yet Another Related Post Plugin.

5. Create great content
    Like the author of the article said, "Setting up WordPress is just the first step in SEO." Yes, it's just a first step. In this last part, you should be able to do all the basic SEO methods in On Page Optimization including making a Great Unique Article and make sure to put some h1, bold, etc.

2. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For those who wish to go beyond Wordpress, there's a new sitebuilder in town . . . just realeased: facebook.com/sitesell

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you tell us more about sitesell?

4. Infoline

Infoline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i installed the wordpress plugin for SEO but it not dispaly the Description & keyword in site.
    What is the problem ?

5. mbitsol

mbitsol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This sitesell looks very promising

6. moveres

moveres
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a lot of plugins for seo wordpress but the most important you should know how seo works.

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What plugins are you using? Maybe you should set it up first. Try to check out the settings for that plugins.

True. You might be doing it wrong or unknowingly you are hurting your rankings because of that plugin.

8. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought all wp-admin pages were part of the robot.txt by default?

9. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have shared great tips about wordpress. I would like to add one more tip in your list:
    Google Sitemap: The effective way to deliver this much needed search engine optimization tool is to simply install the WordPress plugin called Google XML Sitemaps.