Tools to watch backlinks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by simple, Aug 28, 2010.

1. simple

simple
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Other than baclinkwatch, is there any free good tools to watch backlinks that you guys want to recommend?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yahoo's backlink tool is commonly touted as the 'best' on the market. It certainly provides the most comprehensive lists in any trials I've done, but I always err on the side of caution and use a number of tools.

Due to the 'additional' benefits they provide, I'd suggest picking up the "SEO for firefox" toolbar from www.seobook.com and also the "Web CEO" software (not only provides you with a list of backlinks, but can fetch the PR of each page linking to you... along with dozens of other handy tools). (free registration required for both iirc)

4. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The other day I read on an SEO forum that the results displayed in Yahoo Site Explorer are sorted in order of rank determined by Yahoo i.e. the first link displayed will be the most valued etc.

I think that there is an element of truth in this assumption judging from what I have seen so far. There must be are a fair degree of correlation between Yahoo and Google ranking methods. In which case it would be worth examining at least the first page of Yahoo Site Explorer results for each of your main competitors.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would also recommend the "SEO for firefox" toolbar, since I use it myself. Not only can it give you a wealth of information about your site, you can use it to check out your competitors as well.

6. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of the best methods to track your backlink progress are:
    Yahoo website explorer, Open Site explorer and Google Webmaster Tool.

7. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It there any SEO toolbar for chrome browser?

8. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are various options available here. The production of add ons for Chrome is actually quite surprising (it's catching up faster with Firefox than I would have imagined).

Before you run off to install it, one word of 'warning'. When you bloat up your browser with add ons it will have an impact on performance. If you use Chrome for your 'day to day' browsing, I'd suggest leaving Chrome 'as is' and setting up Firefox for your 'work stuff' (e.g. add the web developer, SEO, etc etc tools to FF so you don't bloat your 'normal browsing').

If you are looking for a Chrome SEO toolbar, I'm sure the one available from SEOmoz will perform up there with the best of them.