Too many UK business forum

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by daytrader, Jun 1, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I notice there are lots of UK business forums, is the niche really profitable?

2. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Running a forum is really hard thing nowadays, particularly because of softwares like SEnukeX , Xrumers etc. :rolleyes:

If you have control over it and run useful information on forums. yes, it should be a profitable one. :$$:

I would suggest to start like Linkedin if you have that much budget for programming. :p

I really appreciate the moderators of this forum and Fergal+. They have been having good control over SPAMMERs. i really like this form more than DP. :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business forum is a good niche, because billion of people dealing with business daily, the market demand is high. As per owen, set up a forum is easy but maintenance is difficult, although there are lot of UK business forums but majority does not stay long.

4. ScottJames

ScottJames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with you.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I noticed that too when finding a really good forum to contribute and know more about businesses. But I'm just happy to be here at BAF that I oftentimes forgot about other ones.

Can you share some thoughts on who do you agree with?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would think that U.S. business forums would do better, but I guess it's lucrative either way as long as the staff do their job.

7. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, running the forum is famous and profitable niche. But it is not as easy as you think. You really need expertise to run a forum smoothly. The development, maintenance of forum is hectic and demand more time as compare to other normal site.

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With many UK Business forums out there, they should be really finding it a profitable medium. Forums are not just meant for money but mainly or IDEAS and INFORMATION. Money only comes next. :)